Miscellaneous Rumbles

Why Music?

Here's another:

Ever see halftime at a basketball game when they bring out a guy from the stands to take a half-court shot in order to win a prize?

In every city USA if the guy misses the shot he is given an appreciative round of applause from the crowd. Nice try.

In New York City if the guy misses the shot he is booed, abused, and laughed at by all 19,000 fans.

There is a way to be rude but endearing. You're not doing it.

I like reading Spiritwalker. My friends and I growing up in Central PA about 3 hours south of New York and 2 hours west of Philadelphia used to relate to each other with a similar disposition so I understand where he is coming from. I don't want to defend him too much because he can take care of himself but some of you pile on him for any little thing he may say any chance you get.

some of you pile on him for any little thing he may say any chance you get

You've noticed?

Says a great deal about them. See a Spiritwalker post and they instantly go into holier than thou attack mode.

There is a way to be rude but endearing. You're not doing it.

– Otter

And you think your post is an example of a way to be rude but endearing?

Why music? Because it turns out I don't have a knack for my first love, interpretive dance.

Papa was a rolling stone. Love train. TSOP. And the list goes on..

Early 70s am radio inn philly did me in.

WFIL 560 am in 1973. I was a little guy looking for an escape. I found it.

Music was it. Period.

Never ever let it go from the time I listened to my little transistor radio through my pillow, as my parents forbade from listening to the big radio next to my bed, and I managed to dial in that am station to get a fix.

The fix was the sweet soul sounds from Philly in the early 70s.

And you think your post is an example of a way to be rude but endearing?

– Spiritwalker

I could do better to stay out of these things. Rude-but-endearing doesn't translate well over the internet.

Why music? Because it turns out I don't have a knack for my first love, interpretive dance.

– Afire

Ok, now that I have THAT mental image ... I'm out.

Later, folks.

Register Sign in to join the conversation