Miscellaneous Rumbles

Who is the handsomest man to sling a GreTscH?

Besides Duane, of course.

Don't name yourself. And don't name "anybody other than me.

Hard to argue with those two pics

Poison Ivy was what really started my gretsch passion

Hard to beat Eddie's film star good looks.

Men?

– Otter

Yeah. Men. Does that make you uncomfortable?

Yeah. Men. Does that make you uncomfortable?

– Strummerson

Yes, I must admit I listen to the tunes, appreciate good guitar playing but when it comes to "handsome" I'm gonna leave it to someone of the opposite sex to make that cal. I second Poison Ivy as the best looker in the thread. : )

Yes, I must admit I listen to the tunes, appreciate good guitar playing but when it comes to "handsome" I'm gonna leave it to someone of the opposite sex to make that cal. I second Poison Ivy as the best looker in the thread. : )

– Gretschmen65

So....when you look in the mirror, you have no sense of when you look better and when you look worse? When you see a friend, you don't notice if they are looking better or worse since the last time you saw them?

I got no problem arguing that Mr. Deed should be taken into account here.

Mr. Deed? That's funny!

Seeing the Elvis photo reminds me---

Today is the 40th anniversary of Elvis' last gig at Market Square Arena in Indy.

It doesn't matter what you look like.

I lost control of the TV when it was no longer necessary to stand up and walk across the room to change the station and fine tune the reception. ....not to mention adjusting vert and horiz hold.

At that point the Wife discovered cable, and the plethora of Ladies Programming.

I recall glancing up and making the comment: "Are all those guys the same guy? They all look alike!" It seems like every guy on Ladies TV is the same height and build with the same dark hair and basic short hairstyle with absolutely average facial features, nothing distinguishing or out of the ordinary.

....it seems like being a Prince or a CEO or Doctor is a plus. Being willing to wash dishes and helping in the Kitchen apparently adds to attractiveness too.

Put a Gretsch in the hands of this generic male stereotype, and ya got yer answer!

.....ok, it's not really the answer to the question, but if youse guys and gals can think of the Gretsch Player who most closely approximates the "Generic Ladies Guy on TV", that would be him!

Effortlessly cool.

I don't know about the most handsome, but certainly the most controversial...

Kirk Brandon of two British post punk bands -- Theater Of Hate and Spear Of Destiny -- had male model looks. Supposedly he was Boy George's boyfriend before Culture Club broke big.

Kirk Brandon of two British post punk bands -- Theater Of Hate and Spear Of Destiny -- had male model looks. Supposedly he was Boy George's boyfriend before Culture Club broke big.

– Spiritwalker

Elvis was handsome. This guy is pretty.

– Spiritwalker

Where's the Gretsch?

Where's the Gretsch?

– Powdog

By the way, the guy in the band playing the White Falcon is Billy Duffy later of The Cult. Duffy has been playing a White Falcon forever. Has his own signature Gretsch now. Persistence pays off.

Elvis was handsome. This guy is pretty.

– BuddyHollywood

Boy George thought so, too.

Pack it up boys. Nobody's going to top this smile:

Register Sign in to join the conversation