Miscellaneous Rumbles

Which Gretsch in Your Stable Gets Played the Most?

Also, I move that Danman give me that TV yaller Corvette rockinslab.

Because, man. Somewhere there's a cat without his pajamas.

All of them?

– Proteus

So there isnt one in your gaggle of Gretsches that doesn't get slightly more attention than the others?

4510 Showdown

My 55’ from the Eddie batch.

My 55’ from the Eddie batch.

– Gasmoney

I'll trade mine straight up for yours, Fred.

So there isnt one in your gaggle of Gretsches that doesn't get slightly more attention than the others?

– AndyJ

He's just too embarrassed to admit it's the PRS

I'll trade mine straight up for yours, Fred.

– AndyJ

Hmmm. Let me think on that

I still don't know how to put multiple photos in the same response.

...------

– indianation65

Pretty sure we're limited to one pic per post.

Pretty sure we're limited to one pic per post.

– DaveH

Not at all. You can post multiple pics in a single post but they have to be hosted elsewhere. You need to store the photos on a service like Photobucket or one of the free sites to be able to do it. Then all you need to do is put the URL in the text and then the site will magically put them into your post. If you use the icon above to insert them, then you indeed are limited to one per post. However, you can post them from your hard drive without hosting them elsewhere.

My 2011 DSV Duo Jet is not only the Gretsch guitar that gets played the most but it’s THE guitar that gets played the most. Since I’ve had the stock Dynasonics rewound and flipped along with adding 1 meg pots and a treble bleed to the neck pickup I feel I’m just now learning how to drive this baby. I am now able to realize its full potential for what I want to get out of it and it is blowing me away. It only took me 9 years!

My '53RI Duo-Jet definitely gets the most play, by a wide margin. I think that might be as much because it fits on a smaller stand as for any other reason.

Mine kinda get rotated unless I need to get a specific one out for a project. The one currently getting the most love is the Gent.

The blue one is my all around favorite.

I thought for sure the various iterations of Gretsch archtop electrics would win the day. I'm a little surprised by the number of Jets in the mix . . . if only because my erroneous assumption that the need of an amp would make them less "handy".

My 55 silver jet is very loud acoustically. About the same as my trestle 58 6120.

My 55 silver jet is very loud acoustically. About the same as my trestle 58 6120.

– Joe Desperado

Learn something new every day!

When I first picked up and played a Jet I was amazed at hot resonant the top was, kind of banjo like.

Love them both but a slight buzz in the E string has me playing my 5126 a bit more than my Black Phoenix. I've really bonded with the DeArmond 2000s.

I've been playing a lot with my Black Phoenix lately, I really like it with the volume rolled of just a tiny bit. It does get a bit spikey tone wise. I also put on some chrome flatwounds, which sound great but are a bit more difficult to bend and hold down in barre chords low on the neck. I've been wondering about maybe changing bridges too, currently I have a stainless steel Truarc, which probably lends it to more brightness that isn't needed in this model, I dunno, kinda liking having the volume knob as my guide with a little extra juice to add when needed.

Love all my Gretsch but I think it’s my new vintage Tennesean.

I thought for sure the various iterations of Gretsch archtop electrics would win the day. I'm a little surprised by the number of Jets in the mix . . . if only because my erroneous assumption that the need of an amp would make them less "handy".

– AndyJ

The Jets resonate pretty well acoustically. This fairly recent Blackstar Fly 3 amp purchase helps me plug it in easily too. It's battery powered with a headphone jack. It's very handy and aids in the handiness of picking up, plugging in and playing without much fuss.

This fairly recent Blackstar Fly 3 amp purchase helps me plug it in easily too. It's battery powered with a headphone jack. It's very handy and aids in the handiness of picking up, plugging in and playing without much fuss.

Well, especially when mounted atop differential stereo acoustic resonators.

I like its sound, how it feels, and how it looks.

Also, I move that Danman give me that TV yaller Corvette rockinslab.

Because, man. Somewhere there's a cat without his pajamas.

– Proteus

Hmmm, somehow I have the feeling that it wants to remain in Amsterdam a bit longer.... You know that cats don't stray far from their home.... ; )

I haven't played as much lately, but my 6114 hasn't been out of rotation in a while. It's been my go-to in the home studio.

Register Sign in to join the conversation