Miscellaneous Rumbles

when things comes together…

Rehearsal was a pleasure tonight..drummer was keeping it in control..pa was filling the room without having to over project on mic and bassist did his home work. Felt like we were making music again.. Thanking all that is great and good about being alive... Sobriety has given me a new perspective and appreciation for all things big and small. Hope I can continue to keep perspective and continue to grow.

Excellent! Congratulations to you on your sobriety. For some, it is an easier battle than for others. But the goal is always the same: Clarity. I am happy for you that you have discovered a new appreciation for life.

One day at a time, brother.

I wish you well.

I started my sobriety as a health and life style change. Been boozing it since I was 20...53 now. My weight was a issue and blood pressure was a bit high.. I was also running dehighdrated .. Coffee in the am and beers at night doesn't keep ya running smooth. My irregular heart scared me most..that and my first dui..which was surely just round the corner. I've been lucky and should have hauled in more than a few times.. I had a good run.. Its over. One year in September. Most I've ever spoke of this. Thanks again....

Speak of it often. It is something that you should be proud of. Also, when you talk about it, you will be less likely to backslide.

Congrats on your sobriety! To stay sober for a year IS A BIG DEAL

Congratulations on your victory!!
Now go feel good and enjoy your life!

I agree with Ric12, you should yell it from the rooftops. Glad your band is working out but way more happy you've conquered your demons. Good on ya!

Congratulations on your sobriety! Your resolve and commitment is even more remarkable working in environments that are usually surrounded with alcohol.

Rehearsal was a pleasure tonight..drummer was keeping it in control..pa was filling the room without having to over project on mic and bassist did his home work. Felt like we were making music again.. Thanking all that is great and good about being alive... Sobriety has given me a new perspective and appreciation for all things big and small. Hope I can continue to keep perspective and continue to grow.

– SLICKFASTER

Congratulations, Slickfaster, been there, done that, and still doing it 27 years later. Your statement, " Hope I can continue to keep perspective and continue to grow," is a good mindset. It's a battle, but one that will get easier to fight with time. Notice I said fight, not win. I'm being pragmatic, not pessimistic; for some of us it will always be a struggle, but it gets easier and is very much worth the effort. As one who's been through this, I can tell you the day comes when you scratch your head and ask yourself, "What the hell did I ever see in that?" Wishing you all the best and keep fighting the good fight!

Register Sign in to join the conversation