Gretsch Garage Sale

FS Nashville Corvette

I had this put together from one of the Nashville Corvette bodies. The neck was built by a local builder in Minneapolis. It's a chunky neck like the vintage Corvettes. I did the painting, not a perfect job. Used Behlen grain filler, transparent orange stain, vinyl sealer, nitro lacquer. It's thin and easily removed by sanding or stripping if you want to redo it. Generic StewMac tuners (not the chrome ones shown), TVJ PowerTron (splittable) in the bridge, Setzer pick guard, Wilkinson stop tail bridge, as I was going for a LP Jr type vibe. Truss rod cover will be a generic black one, not the crown shown. Probably you could replace it with a Bigsby. Very light and resonant, surprisingly good acoustic tone.

$299 plus shipping. Comes with padded gig bag.

Dang, why hasn't anyone jumped on this ?

What size frets does this have? Anything different (radius, width etc) from a stock corvette neck? Looks really cool!

What size frets does this have? Anything different (radius, width etc) from a stock corvette neck? Looks really cool!

– rastro

The neck is modeled after my 64 Corvette, 12 inch radius, 0.85 at the first fret, 0.95 at the 12th, D-shaped. Fat but not overwhelming in the hand. The frets are medium-jumbo. The width is 1.72, which is slightly wider than the standard Gretsch 1.68, but the same as the vintage Corvette.

Register Sign in to join the conversation