Miscellaneous Rumbles

What are you listening to right now?

Velvet Underground - the Quine Tapes. Specifically, right now listening to Femme Fatale - perfect for a cold, rainy Sunday.

Little boy - she'll make you smile just to make you frown. What a clown.

Been listening to the New Multitudes album a lot lately. Keeps just getting better with each listen. It's a entire album made up of Woody Guthrie lyrics. Jay Farrar, Will Johnson, Anders Parker, and Yim Yames.

I'm a huge Jay Farrar fan. Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt, Gob Iron, Solo, and now New Multitudes. He also a Gretsch guy as I don't think I've seen him play anything other then his Power Jet when he's playing an electric.

Here's one of my favs from the New Multitudes Album - Hoping Machine

http://www.youtube.com/watc...

Myself, playing the iPad.

– Proteus

Myself, playing the iPad.

– Proteus

Good Lord, man, someone take that thing away from him!

Gas Money - New album,"Reinvent The Feel"

It's not out yet, but Fred gave me a demo with the (not so)rough mixes. I gotta say it's their best work yet, and I can't stop listening to it.

I was listening to an oldies station while cleaning out my Dads house. I had lots of gear there, its where our band practiced, and I gave lessons there too. Since his passing, were getting ready to auction everything off, and Im down to my old Pioneer tuner and Sylvania speakers. That Pioneer is a monster model sx 980 I think. I was gonna put it in the auction, but now not so sure. It still sounds great!

The sound of mustang horsepower, I'm at the fabulous fords car show in Los Angeles

Rail Road Jerk! One of my favourite bands!

my kids ripping up the family room and my wife bitching about the hallway carpet

Right now I'm enjoying some Mustapha Stefan Dill. Super music.

I just downloaded "Road Trip" onto my iPad for my road trip across the Great Southwest, to Denver, Joplin, and other Rt66 adventures.

"Desert Song" really has the hook in me right now.

So does Duane's version of "Scarlet Ribbons," from Songs Of Our Heritage.

Wonderful pieces of music and guitar-sound artistry.

D.I. - Horse Bites Dog Cries. It's morning here now, and I like to wake up with coffee and 80's Hardcore. Great album. My fave tunes on it are "Pervert Nurse" because back when the album came out I was dating a nurse and "Johnny's Got A Problem" because... well, it kicks ass.

The wind chimes outside my window and my computer fan. :P

Thanks everybody, it's a window on the world!

Jack Whites's new solo album Blunderbuss, enjoying it! 8-)

Geoff Barker is a good pal...loves Rock and Roll, and knows his history.

Register Sign in to join the conversation