Miscellaneous Rumbles

What are you listening to right now??

This is a real favourite thread. I've been introduced to some great music here, so thank you all for keeping this up.

I return to this album again and again- Laura Nyro's Eli and the Thirteenth Confession. Hard to pick a track, the whole record is so surprising and inspiring.

This popped up randomly in my YouTube feed. Japanese funk-jazz fusion. Never heard of this band before, but apparently they were based out of London in the early-to-mid 70s and toured with Roxy Music.

I just listened to David's last solo album released in '15 but was surprised to see this single he collaborated on with his daughter. Beautiful song.

I really like Gilmour's last 2 solo records - especially "On An Island." Beautiful album. The live DVD from the Royal Albert Hall, "Remember That Night", is very good too.

I really like Gilmour's last 2 solo records - especially "On An Island." Beautiful album. The live DVD from the Royal Albert Hall, "Remember That Night", is very good too.

– Jimbodiddley

I listened to Gilmour's last studio album "Rattle That Lock" just a few days ago and really liked it. I'll continue my youtube enjoyment of it until I make my next Amazon sweep!

I love the fact he recorded with his daughter on the single and seeing him play that guitar made me think of Segovia so I brought this one up.

Ukes in unison -

Ukes in unison (revisited) -

This harp guitar is quite an armful:

Gary Moore - Power Of The Blues album,currently Memory Pain.

Wallowing in the return to active service of my turntable and a pair of 35-year-old Rogers hi- fi speakers. So out comes all the jazz vinyl -- if it's on Blue Note, Impulse, Riverside or Pacific Jazz then I'm in. Current favourites are Horace Silver's Tokyo blues, Full House by Wes Montgomery and Kenny Burrell Live At The Five Spot with Art Blakey -- really steamin'.

PS. Ade, didn't know you were a fan of Laura Nyro. Try 'Christmas and the Beads Of Sweat'. Wonderful stuff.

Because I just used this in another thread and had to hear it again...

And now this, so I should probably be practicing but I'm not.

Features the guitar playing of David Amaro, who should be much better known than he is.

The older I get, the more I listen to Fats Domino, particularly the sides recorded back in the '50s in Cosimo Matassa's little studio in New Orleans -- mostly with Earl Palmer on drums and Lee Allen on tenor sax. Magic rock'nroll that makes me happy.

The older I get, the more I listen to Fats Domino, particularly the sides recorded back in the '50s in Cosimo Matassa's little studio in New Orleans -- mostly with Earl Palmer on drums and Lee Allen on tenor sax. Magic rock'nroll that makes me happy.

– Dave_K

Oh yes. If that doesn’t make you happy, call a mortician cuz you’re dead.

TsarN. Now we're in Desert Island Discs time. Jeez, even the handclaps are great!

Wabash - Don't you mean "Lonesome Loser"?

Register Sign in to join the conversation