Miscellaneous Rumbles

What are you listening to right now??

Jethro Tull's "A Christmas Song".

"The Christmas spirit is not what you drink.

Man, Their voices just work together so well.

2021, my fingers are so crossed for the better times to come. . .

Screeching guitar work from the bauld Pat Hare.

That’s a musical peak right there Mr Tubs.

That’s a musical peak right there Mr Tubs.

– Tsar Nicholas

I'm a bit obsessed with bands from my home town.

I'm a bit obsessed with bands from my home town.

– Mr Tubs

Back in the early 90s my mates and I used to go and see the Hamsters all the time when they played the South London Pubs.

Back in the early 90s my mates and I used to go and see the Hamsters all the time when they played the South London Pubs.

– noggsly

The Hamsters, man alive that takes me back. You could run but you couldn't escape The Hamsters.

We always joked that "Slim" was a cross between Jimi Hendrix and Terry Nutkins! Actually wasn't Slim in a later line up of the Kursaal Flyers?

We always joked that "Slim" was a cross between Jimi Hendrix and Terry Nutkins! Actually wasn't Slim in a later line up of the Kursaal Flyers?

– noggsly

Yep. Some of the Kursaals are now in The Ugly Guys and are great at that country rock style.

The Third Man Theme---gotta love the zither.

Teenage Fanclub - Four Thousand Seven Hundred and Sixty Six Seconds album.

– noggsly

Jesus that’s a real memory jog there. I saw the Hamsters play in this weird venue called the Beaverwood Club years ago when I was staying with relatives in Kent.

Those lads knew what they were at.

Did somebody say The Kursaal Flyers? A guaranteed great gig. A very good band and at times very funny too -- Paul Shuttleworth in full-on spiv mode trying to sell a dozen cheap watches sewn on the lining of his jacket.

Getting ready for some Rubber Soul.

A medley of traditional Scottish waltzes in an arrangement I'm spending my Sunday cleaning up.

As to the Third Man Theme- Our Family had a zither for a few years, but I heard Alpert's version before I heard the original (blame my Dad for that), and they're almost two different songs when you play them back to back.

Turkish saz, lots of Iranian traditional as well as some Iranian trap and EDM. EDM not usually my jam, but there's interesting things coming out of the community.

Also a little bit of death metal!

A recent discovery is this very talented oud player.... i love her tone, her composition, the sensitive dynamics and phrasing....one the freshest voices on oud today imo. Link

Register Sign in to join the conversation