Miscellaneous Rumbles

What are you listening to right now??

I'm about 50 years late as usual...my best friend raved about this LP at the time, and I just did not get it...oh well, better late than never! I have been listening to this LP pretty much non-stop for the last couple weeks. I wake up at night and the songs hit my brain and I listen then, in my head...lol.

Great song, cool video (just released)

Some evocative imagery, and a nice shot of Billy's sparkle Duo Jet.

I'm about 50 years late as usual...my best friend raved about this LP at the time, and I just did not get it...oh well, better late than never! I have been listening to this LP pretty much non-stop for the last couple weeks. I wake up at night and the songs hit my brain and I listen then, in my head...lol.

– Toddfan

I was with them from almost the get go (around '69,made me 15yo). They were soooo far ahead of their peers that sadly people have not yet caught up. They were the best SF band, even though they're LA. Check out this concert Arthur Lee did just before the cancer overtook him. It's the Forever Changes songbook complete with a band that's very good,with a complete orchestra.See the whole thing here Link.

Huey Lewis And The News - Weather album ,currently Pretty Girls Everywhere .

Believe it or not Tool's "Fear Inoculum" album (I've been listening to Tool since the early 90s). I finally got my hands on a copy of the CD, that wasn't going for a ridiculous amount of money (sorry, I'm not a superfan of any group, and I WON'T pay $70 to over $100 for a CD - even if it is a limited edition CD, that includes addtional, cheesy, multimedia items with it). As it was, I still grumbled about spending $35 for a CD, but the album's been out for almost a year, and I wanted it in a car friendly format. Yeah, I could have downloaded the .MP3 digital version of the album for less than $20, but MP3 is not not full fidelity (it's a compressed file format), and burned a CD for road music, but by getting the actual CD, I was able to rip the album onto my computer at work in full fidelity .WAV file format, for my listening pleasure on the job.

You know what's funny? Within a week of being released, "Fear Inoculum" went to Number 1 (despite not having a single song shorter than 10 minutes in length), knocking pop diva Taylor Swift off of that pedestal. It stayed at Number 1 for several weeks to boot. From what I read, a lot of Taylor Swift fans got pretty riled up about that happening - especially since Tool was (according to them) a "dinosaur" band, and "Fear Inoculum" was Tool's first album in 13 years.

My favorite song on the album:

Zappas boys. Bought it for the back cover photo but really enjoy the songs. Leaves no doubt who their father was.

Little River Band---amazing harmonies!

Jonah Nillson. Super talented

Saxon -Into The Labyrinth album,currently Coming Home(bottle neck version)

I'm in a musical mood so.......

Some Hawkwind

Some "Duke" era Genesis

And Nick Drake (this is a home demo recording - IMO Nick sounded better solo, than with a backing band)

Whitesnake Ready And Willing album,currently Black and Blue.

Carmen with Joe Pass on guitar, Jimmy Rowles on piano, Chuck Domanico on bass and Chuck Flores on drums.

Swings like hell!

Shout all you want, it doesn't matter. . .

My most recent listen was the Robert Johnson Centennial release - all his recordings on 3 Vinyl LPs.

Great job of restoration and noise reduction, several of those 1936/37 live takes are just stellar. The liner notes and jacket are nicely done, too.

How Eric Clapton ended up with his sense of RJ's "Crossroads" I dunno...but it is fabulous.

Thanks Again to Olivia

Just listened to Danny Kaye's "Inchworm". Why? I read where David Bowie himself said crafted many of his songs from this recording, particularly "Ashes to Ashes". How about that for trivia?

Our own John Magill. Played it yesterday for a visiting buddy, again today for Sunday BBQ. Great record.

Edit: a really great record.

Michael Schenker Group ,first album from 1980,currently Tales Of Mystery .

Our own John Magill. Played it yesterday for a visiting buddy, again today for Sunday BBQ. Great record.

Edit: a really great record.

– Powdog

Wow, Thanks, Ethan!

Right now? A Rolls Royce Merlin engine. Something is obviously going on down here in Kent because a Spitfire has been doing its thing overhead for quite a while now. Great sound, wonderful aircraft.

Register Sign in to join the conversation