Miscellaneous Rumbles

What are you listening to right now??

Holly Golightly - Laugh It Up album,currently Look For Me Baby.

The Hollies Greatest Hits- currently "I Can't Let Go".

Some surf music I encountered almost 30-something years ago: The Dragsters, the album is Stoked

Maria from West Side Story

Goldfinger

Available on vinyl only, if you can find it.

This moment, Sinatra’s “Girl From Ipanema”.

This "new" song by Uncle Neil. From the just-released "Homegrown" album, originally recorded in 1975, but kept on the shelf all these years.

Love the guitar sound on this. Some classic mid-70s Neil. He didn't have Old Black back at this point, I don't think, and this sounds very Gretsch-y to me, so I assume he's playing his White Falcon, sounds like Drop-D tuning. May also be a Telecaster in there, probably played by Ben Keith. Levon Helm on drums?

“We care a lot” By faith no more.

Oh how I miss those innocent eighties.

Link

"Blind" Rage and Violence - The End of Rock and Roll

This "new" song by Uncle Neil. From the just-released "Homegrown" album, originally recorded in 1975, but kept on the shelf all these years.

Love the guitar sound on this. Some classic mid-70s Neil. He didn't have Old Black back at this point, I don't think, and this sounds very Gretsch-y to me, so I assume he's playing his White Falcon, sounds like Drop-D tuning. May also be a Telecaster in there, probably played by Ben Keith. Levon Helm on drums?

– Jimbodiddley

He used the White Falcon for the mid '70s electronic era and all on "Harvest". I read he used a Fender Broadcaster on 1975's "Tonight's The Night" album and subsequent tour.

Ralph Molina did most of the drums during these years.

The Immediate Family---a group of backup musicians like Leland Sklar, Russ Kunkel, Waddy Wachtel and others.

There's a cameo from Les Paul in this video

The Andrews Sisters:

Beady Eye - Be album,currently Start Anew.

How does it feel?

Holly Golightly - Laugh It Up album,currently Look For Me Baby.

– JCHiggy

Holly is a real talent! I was pleasantly surprised when I found out she covered a song I wrote and recorded back in 1962 called "Satan Is Her Name." Holly reworked it as "Satan Is His Name" and changed one line to make it more explicit. I like her take on it. Here's a link to her version.

And, if you're curious, here's a link to my original version that a fan in Europe mixed to some scenes from Russ Meyer's movie titled "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!"

It's really a nice compliment to hear and see that something I created over half a century ago still inspires someone's creative juices all these years later.

Holly is a real talent! I was pleasantly surprised when I found out she covered a song I wrote and recorded back in 1962 called "Satan Is Her Name." Holly reworked it as "Satan Is His Name" and changed one line to make it more explicit. I like her take on it. Here's a link to her version.

And, if you're curious, here's a link to my original version that a fan in Europe mixed to some scenes from Russ Meyer's movie titled "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!"

It's really a nice compliment to hear and see that something I created over half a century ago still inspires someone's creative juices all these years later.

– wgnhim

That's so damn cool!

Khruangbin.

Here's a live set from 2018:

This is a fun video:

Register Sign in to join the conversation