Miscellaneous Rumbles

What are you listening to right now??

Man, I just can’t stop playing this. New punk-n-roll from Las Vegas.

I'm a little obsessed with this song right now, after I found out she did an entire album of Olivia Newton-John songs.

Now listening to the live "as it happened" streaming of Woodstock on WXPN. Joe Cocker on now (2:23 pm)

Link

But now the rain has started! NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN...!!!

Hard to believe this was released in 1972 . . . plenty of Boston landmarks in this video, and far less traffic compared to today!

Loggins and Messina--"Angry Eyes" live.

I saw this tour back in the day --- it was life changing for me. Also features Billy Cobham Jr. on drums, Armando Peraza on congas, bongos and percussion, Doug Rauch on bass, and Khalid Yasin (aka Larry Young) on organ.

Gettin' my Hammond on today!

– Suprdave

I remember this album and liking their song 'High Roller'.

I noticed in the above music video Myles Goodwyn is wearing a 'Loop' tee, promoting WLUP in Chicago.
They gave April Wine a lot of airplay back then.

I still try to discover fresh new artists and bands, along with relying on the greats and lost chestnuts of the past.

The last younger artist I really fell into was Courtney Barnett, a few years back. I'd hear her songs on the local radio and I really liked her sound and writing sensibility. She's an Aussie southpaw, and plays without a pick.

I ended up catching her live at a smaller venue before she blew up and got more famous. A tight 3-piece band, loud AF but a great show.

.. I love the use of mellotron strings on this track. nice vintage psych touch;

A Boston-based rockin' country band . . .

The Byrds - Turn Turn Turn album,currently She Don't Care About Time.

Mark Knopfler - Privateering

I love the whole album. Every note.

One of my favorite guitarists, at a fine music venue in Maine:

Pokey La Farge with Chloe Feoranzo on clarinet.

Crosby Stills & Nash - CSN 1977 album,currently Anything At All.

Register Sign in to join the conversation