Miscellaneous Rumbles

What are you listening to right now??

Found this in a used record store yesterday --- Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald, Boz Scaggs, Phoebe Snow, Charles Brown and a killer backup band, live and kicking,

Turnpike Troubadours: A Long Way From Your Heart

Some Memphis Horns with a little White Falcon through a Marshall.

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

I haven't heard that song in quite a while, never learned how to play it, (the original) hadn't even thought about it. Well I'm learning it now. Much obliged JD

Desperado from Stray Cats 40 album.

I haven't heard that song in quite a while, never learned how to play it, (the original) hadn't even thought about it. Well I'm learning it now. Much obliged JD

– 949Norm

You bet Norm. This song has been stuck in my mind since the day I saw him and the Horns live in Chicago, 1971.

Stills was playing the Fender Rhodes, and without missing a beat, reached back and grabbed the Falcon, and off he went with "that" sound.

That song made a great concert unforgettable for me.

Glad that you enjoyed this.

JJW Live magic...

Chloe Feoranzo, clarinetist extraordinaire!

The Ragtime Wranglers - New Spark Boogie

The new one that just came out Friday. There has always been a strong current of African music in Santana's sound (the very first album included Olatunji's "Jin-Go-Lo-Ba"), but it's way amped up here.

Carlos' wife Cindy plays drums and she is a badass.

Parabar, i gave that new Santana a listen yesterday. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

this morning....

Good lord her voice gives me goose bumps.

"Argus" by Wishbone Ash on CD

"No Trespassing" by The Ventures on CD (compilation of the first 4 albums)

The Gentry Brothers - Swanky.

Good Lovin' - The Young Rascals

Just finished watching "Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's" from 2008. Holy @#$)(*$%&!!!!!

Tal Wilkenfeld, Vinnie Colaiuta, and Jason Rebello, with guest spots from Eric Clapton, Joss Stone and Imogen Heap. The audience is like a who's who of British music royalty.

NOBODY plays anything like Beck. Brilliant arrangements of "A Day In The Life," "Cause We've Ended As Lovers," "Beck's Bolero" --- even a cover of Mahavishnu's "Eternity's Breath." Very few musicians could pull off all of that.

after the last ride...

surfers lament- the lively ones

cheers

Evan no longer with us.......gigin his ass off up there somewhere.

Danny Gatton - Redneck Jazz album,currently Rock Candy.

Jimmy Bryant - Laughing Guitar,Crying Guitar album,currently Joy Ride.

Great Bernie Leadon song from The Eagles' 2nd album, one of the most underrated tunes of all time---

"Journey of the Sorcerer"

Roy Lanham - The Most Exciting Guitar album,currently A Smooth One.

Register Sign in to join the conversation