Miscellaneous Rumbles

What are you listening to right now??

Ry Cooder & John Hiatt---Little Village

Duane Eddy - Twang Peaks album,currently It Ain't Me Babe.

Stephen Stills/Judy Collins- Everybody Knows

A playlist I just put together, collecting all of the Beatles songs George Harrison wrote. I took a chronological approach. It's a nice flow.

On Spotify

The Band on Cassette.

After the Last Waltz came out I made my own favorites tape from the first 4 albums.

The Band was just that...the Band!

The Vara-Tones - Jetty Subject to High Surf album,currently El Sereno.

The Ace of Cups are an all-women SF Area band that played back in the 60's. They did backing vocals for the Airplane, Quicksilver and others, and opened for Hendrix in Golden Gate Park (Jimi was impressed with them, as was I when I saw them play in '68).

They never got their own record contract though ---until now. Their debut studio album (a 2 CD set) just came out last fall with guest appearances by Jack Casady, Jorma Kaukonen, Taj Mahal, Bob Weir, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Peter Coyote, and others, and it kicks ass. The ladies are all in their 70's, but they don't sound like it --- vocal harmonies as pure as ever, and some great playing, particularly by drummer Diane Vitalich.

The Vara-Tones - Jetty Subject to High Surf album,currently El Sereno.

– JCHiggy

Oh man, thats a GOOD one......will have to go dig it out!

The Ace of Cups are an all-women SF Area band that played back in the 60's. They did backing vocals for the Airplane, Quicksilver and others, and opened for Hendrix in Golden Gate Park (Jimi was impressed with them, as was I when I saw them play in '68).

They never got their own record contract though ---until now. Their debut studio album (a 2 CD set) just came out last fall with guest appearances by Jack Casady, Jorma Kaukonen, Taj Mahal, Bob Weir, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Peter Coyote, and others, and it kicks ass. The ladies are all in their 70's, but they don't sound like it --- vocal harmonies as pure as ever, and some great playing, particularly by drummer Diane Vitalich.

– Parabar

Holy crap . . . those grannies rock!

The Atlantics - Easily Stop Time album,currently Dark Eyes.

Quietly sobbing in my office.

Fanny, they were great band.

I love Los Twang Marvels. I think they are from Germany but I think the lady on Jaguar is from South America.

George Benson---"On Broadway"---Live. Worth watching it for the drummer alone!

Register Sign in to join the conversation