Miscellaneous Rumbles

What are you listening to right now??

Link Wray - "The Swag", "Ain't That Lovin' You Baby"

Richard Smith - The Entertainer !

Not The Eagles, though their reunion success made Joe Walsh solvent again which is ok by me. Have some good Canadian kids.

Hey Bd nice to see.

Gretsch content...

Chas & Dave - One O' Them Days.

RIP Chas Hodges.

Chas & Dave - One O' Them Days.

RIP Chas Hodges.

– JCHiggy

He was an absolute gent.

Newly released, newly discovered studio recordings by the classic John Coltrane Quartet ('Trane, McCoy Tyner, Jimmy Garrison, Elvin Jones) in 1963. Both musically and chronologically it's midway between "My Favorite Things" and "A Love Supreme."

The deluxe edition is a 2-disc set with multiple takes of several songs, each with a different tempo and arrangement, some leaving out piano. Fascinating to hear the experimentation and musicality, and the sound quality is excellent.

Hey Bd nice to see.

Gretsch content...

– piratesrule

Great choice

Paul McCartney's new album, just released & much over-hyped, in my opinion. I gave it the first listening on the road to the 2018 Nashville Roundup. I enjoyed three of the songs quite a lot. The rest were standard Paul "flowers & lace" pop that sounds pretty much the same to me.

I hate having to say I really enjoyed the much talked about song that was the single--Fuh you. "I just wanna fuh you." Paul doesn't need this sort of trash talk at this point.

But, he craved that #1 Billboard ranking, did anything to get it, and did. The hoodies and 8 tracks were way over the top, to me. But, hey--he got me, too. Olivia Anne

I just drove a thousand miles this weekend and just talked with my lovely wife.

Reverend Horton Heat - The Full-Custom Gospel Sounds of the Reverend Horton Heat ,currently 400 Bucks.

Warning: Modern Jazz circa 1959 (gets a bit self-indulgent after 2:14)

A cycle of Eric Burdon on Youtube

This, due to an earworm planted by a recent discussion on this forum . . .

This, due to an earworm planted by a recent discussion on this forum . . .

– geoguy

An enjoyable earworm!

Paul McCartney's new album, just released & much over-hyped, in my opinion. I gave it the first listening on the road to the 2018 Nashville Roundup. I enjoyed three of the songs quite a lot. The rest were standard Paul "flowers & lace" pop that sounds pretty much the same to me.

I hate having to say I really enjoyed the much talked about song that was the single--Fuh you. "I just wanna fuh you." Paul doesn't need this sort of trash talk at this point.

But, he craved that #1 Billboard ranking, did anything to get it, and did. The hoodies and 8 tracks were way over the top, to me. But, hey--he got me, too. Olivia Anne

– Olivia Anne

He's a billionaire but all I can say is "Poor Paul".

Northern Irish early 80's rock band Mama's Boys - Lonely Soul

Register Sign in to join the conversation