Miscellaneous Rumbles

Well, It is Winter

Nice snow storm through the night. At least the plows have hit the highways.

My front porch is as far as I venture out today!

Not a fan of the snow and winter in general.....should have grown up and been living all these years in SoCal..... When my Dad got discharged from the Army Air Corps in 1945 he had job offers from some of the airlines and the aircraft industry which were headquartered in the LA area, but in those days, not a lot of young men just out of the service were willing to move from one side of the USA to the other (at least the sons of tight knit immigrant familes in South Philly). Ironically, I did end up being born and raised by the beach...but the Jersey Shore. So a had a bit of that lifestyle for at least 3 months per year.

It sure is....it's been pouring rain all night, and we have the heat on.

Greetings from Bangor, ME where it's a whopping 15° right now. Windy and "wicked cold"

Well, it just arrived in Md. I’m snug, warm and watching it make pretty.

Just did some snowblower maintenance and repair (chute had broken last season- I completely forgot about it!). Hoping there won't be too much accumulation in the Philadelphia area.

Be careful out there!

5" and 25F. It's January.

The "big game" between Indy and the Chiefs is dead center in the storm. A true I-70 monster. Lots of folks going got caught up in the snow. Sad part is that there are 5 dead due to it so far. It's heading to the East Coast next,

We just got a modest dusting in the south, which melted off.

But I gotta go to NC on Monday. I swore and declore I was not traveling in January or February. Every time we go out of town to work this time of year, we either get epic bad travel conditions and/or our wives back home get socked with threatening weather, frozen pipes, or other disasters, and then hate us.

More, I mean.

It's one thing when everyone is 40-50, still immortal, with lots of friends and neighbors around. It's considerably different for older folks. One feels one's fragility, and gets jealous about safety. Risk and reward become a different equation.

But do clients listen when we say what we are and are not going to do? No they do not. Blithely they go on their ways, taking for granted we'll be there to dance when they call the tune. And because ol' Lum needs the money, yadda yadda, there the hell we are.

ITOFTS.

Night time view through the retirement windshield.

Still a light snow, heavy wet stuff. Right at 8" to 9" now. It's supposed to end by midnight.

Nice snow storm through the night. At least the plows have hit the highways.

My front porch is as far as I venture out today!

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

That's just a dusting. Build a snowman!

Just did some snowblower maintenance and repair (chute had broken last season- I completely forgot about it!). Hoping there won't be too much accumulation in the Philadelphia area.

Be careful out there!

– Metman

I just got a slightly used one and re-built my old one. The old one is a backup and also for neighbors who might need it. http://gretschpages.com/for...

well, John, I'm glad y'all got that stuff instead of us.

well, John, I'm glad y'all got that stuff instead of us.

– Sgt Rock

Not a problem Brent. Anything to help out!

We are luckily supposed to get very little. I’m hoping that doesn’t translate into six inches of flurries overnight.

Not a problem Brent. Anything to help out!

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

thanks, buddy ! ha ha ha

Register Sign in to join the conversation