Miscellaneous Rumbles

We lost my brother this morning.

My brother John W Hampton was killed this morning, in Spirit Lake Idaho, in an automobile accident while driving to church. His wife and his 2 daughters were in the vehicle with him. His 8 year old daughter was air lifted to Spokane by a Life Flight helicopter. She is in critical but stable condition. His wife, and 6 year old daughter were treated at a local hospital, and discharged this afternoon. I've been in a state of shock all day, and the grief is setting in. I can't sleep, and though I would let my GDP friends know what happened. I don't use other social media, you guys are the only ones that I talk to online.

John was living the American dream. He and his wife moved from Phoenix up to Spirit Lake Idaho, about 10 years ago. They bought 10 beautiful acres of land, and turned it into a subsistence farm. They planted a huge garden, and raised a flock of Katahdin hair sheep (15 at last count), and poultry. They were almost totally self sufficient on meat, between deer and the sheep, and had all the eggs and chicken (and turkey) they could use.

I was very happy for John, he was 50 years old, and starting a second family. I was proud of his accomplishments and his powerful faith in God. He was living a wonderful life. I was very close with John and I'm grief stricken by what happened today.

EDIT : My sister and one of my brothers are flying to Idaho first thing tomorrow (Monday) morning. I have one sister and three surviving brothers. John was second to the youngest, my sister is the oldest, I am the oldest brother.

EDIT 2 : 8 year old Emily is being taken off of life support today, and she will be joining her father.

All I can do is send good vibes your way. What a devastating loss! My heart goes out to you Wade!

I am brand new here. I have a question about my Gretsch pickups. But this is the first post I read. Dear God I'm so sorry for your loss. I have 2 brothers I'm very close to and feel much compassion for you. I would be devastated if something happened to them. Prayers for you!

This is truly awful, my thoughts are with you and your family.

So sorry. Everyone please be thankful for your loved ones. Things can happen so fast. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

You have my deepest condolences. I lost my brother three years ago, so I do understand. Remember the fun things, the laughter.

This is awful. Condolences to you and yours.

Wade, I am really sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your family and his wife and daughters. They are in my prayers.

My condolences. Stay strong.

So sorry for you and your family, Wade. Praying for you all.

Terrible news. I am so sorry for your loss.

So sorry, Wade. Prayers of comfort sent.

Sympathies and Condolences to you and your family, Wade.

So very sorry to hear this, Wade. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

I’m so sorry.

Thinking of you and John’s family. No words can help at this time but know we are all keeping your family in our prayers.

Sorry to hear this, condolences to you and family

So sorry for you and your family, Wade.

Damn. Just like that. It can happen to any of us. God Bless you and the family, Wade. It's a long road ahead. Special prayers for the-year-old daughter.

Awful news, my condolences. Nothing worse than a sudden death of someone you know,doubly when it's blood.

So very sorry to hear this, Wade. My thoughts and prayers are with you, John and your families.

I'm an only child, but I can't imagine losing a sibling. You have my condolences Wade, prayers and good thoughts for your whole family.

Such terrible news. My family will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Register Sign in to join the conversation