Miscellaneous Rumbles

We are loosing my niece, 8 year old Emily today

Curt, I don't think that's a real person you're remonstrating with. Yet another of the seemingly endless plague of spammers digging up old threads, and of all the threads to be picked up by a spammer this one really smarts.

Wade, I hope your family are all doing ok.

– Tsar Nicholas

Yeah thanks I was thinking that, not sure what their end game is. Pretty soon there will be more bots than people.

I'm so sorry for your loss Wade.

Wade, I'm not so frequently on the GDP nowadays, and I did not see this terrible news and discussion when the thread was initially active. Losing loved ones before their time is the worst, worst trauma, and my heart breaks for you and your family.

Grief knows no calendar or rules. Heal yourself as well as you can, however you must, without shame or apology. Help is always nearby if you want it. I hope you find a steadying solace and peace soon.

Paul/FF909

I'm so sorry Wade, prayers and good thoughts for you...

i didn't know about this; i guess i missed the original post. my immediate reaction was "my god, that's awful." honestly, that's still my reaction. i'm very sorry that you've suffered such pain and loss. if you're a believer, i hope that the Lord has helped to ease your pain and heal your broken heart. if not, i hope that time and love has done the same.

i didn't know about this; i guess i missed the original post. my immediate reaction was "my god, that's awful." honestly, that's still my reaction. i'm very sorry that you've suffered such pain and loss. if you're a believer, i hope that the Lord has helped to ease your pain and heal your broken heart. if not, i hope that time and love has done the same.

– macphisto

Mac, we are an extended family of believers in God and Jesus Christ. John had a powerful Christian belief and lifestyle. They were on their way to church, on icey roads, when the accident occurred. Emily was a little Christian angel, and had a child's innocent, and an unquestioning belief in Jesus. I think being a family of believers, we know that both of them are together in paradise, but we still felt (and feel) the keen sense of why. Why Emily too? It's one of the most seemingly senseless tragedies in my lifetime.

Emily showed an amazing aptitude for music and songwriting, for an eight year old child. That's not surprising, considering the extended family of professional and simi-professional musicians she was a part of. The seeds don't fall into too far from the weeds, and Emily had a very promising aptitude for the music she was surrounded with. Oh goodness, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed again.

I was trying to provide both options. i wish you and they had never had to experience this.

Thanks, macphisto, I thought as much. It's not something I would wish on any family. Actually, both options have been happening, time has a way of dulling the edge of grief, as does a belief in a higher power. I had thought that this tragedy would have drawn our geographically spread out family, closer together. It did, for a time, but things have slipped back to kind of how they were beforehand, and that's another tragedy in and of itself. Humans.......

i understand. i just contacted my older brother and only surviving family member on Facebook and said we should get to know each other as grownups. we've talked maybe once in the last 25 years. maybe he'll call.

I hope he calls you, mac. I would like to know if he does, it would make me feel happy for you. Don't give up, he's your only surviving family member, and it would be a good thing (I think) for you to get to know one another as adults, if you at all can.

Register Sign in to join the conversation