Miscellaneous Rumbles

View from the office last Friday and Saturday.

Started planting corn late Thursday afternoon, also ran Friday and Saturday, got 258 acres planted.

Gorgeous -- Winter Is OVER!!!!!

Your office view photos are always a sight for sore eyes, Farmerbrown!!!

Hope all went well. Weeds are horrible this year.

258 acres in three days, eh? That seems like a lot of acres in that amount of time. Good on ya.

Thanks for growing the food that makes it to our dinner tables. Hard work, long hours, high risks from weather or pests...I am thankful that you are willing to work in this career.

Bob, I actually only ran for 2 hours late Thursday, then from 9-9 Friday and 9:30-5:30 Saturday, my planter is a 16 row with 30" between rows, or to simplify it is 40' wide.

Here is a pic in transport position.

Oh yeah, a width of forty feet does put a quick dent into all of those acres, doesn't it.

By the way, I would hope by now that, with you being able to put your equipment on autopilot and have it operate according to GPS settings, you could put a guitar in the cab with you and get some good practice time in.

Man that is an office with a view and comfy I bet. A ride like that would make a man wan't to get out and work. Here's to a good season for you.

Lol @ Bob!

I have a fairly roomy cab, but not roomy! I still have to raise and lower the planter on the ends of the field and make the turn half way around before re-engaging auto- steer. Also have to watch for sinkholes, light poles, etc. so although I can take a quick glance at my smart phone, I still need to be very aware of where I am and what is going on!

Farmers? We still have farmers? Next you are going to tell me we still have blacksmiths and guys who set the pins at bowling alleys.

This still goes on in America?

Planted 258, only 2 hours late. There's a song in there somewhere. Thanks for all you do Farmerbrown.

thanks for the pictures, Don. sure make me miss the old days of driving a tractor helping my dad. speaking of which, is anyone else helping you do all of this planting/sowing ?

is anyone else helping you do all of this planting/sowing ? -- Sgt Rock

He usually has the assistance of that young granddaughter of his.

Always like the office pics, farmerbrown.

A few years ago I took photos for an ad campaign to alert farmers to the dangers of getting so tired harvesting they ran into electricity poles. Here it's actually a problem apparently! So I was up at some ungodly hour of the morning sitting in a harvester cab (yup, not as roomy as it looks!) taking pics.

I really like your pics "at the office". Is the corn ready yet??

thanks for the pictures, Don. sure make me miss the old days of driving a tractor helping my dad. speaking of which, is anyone else helping you do all of this planting/sowing ?

– Sgt Rock

Other than having Violet ride along occasionally it is just me Brent.

I get my wife, or daughter or a friend to help me move equipment between farms, along with my 2 farms I have 8 other farms that I lease scattered in a 10 mile radius from home.

Awesome pictures! Thanks for the tortilla chips!

Other than having Violet ride along occasionally it is just me Brent.

I get my wife, or daughter or a friend to help me move equipment between farms, along with my 2 farms I have 8 other farms that I lease scattered in a 10 mile radius from home.

– farmerbrown

I'd volunteer to come help, but I'm up here in Minnesota. besides, after talking with my sister tonight, I may have to get back to Baton Rouge before long. I would say don't work too hard, Don, but I know you're enjoying what you're doing.

Good work, Don... there's meaning in soil, that's for sure. I think sometimes we forget where we are... this mother ship... except I suppose you forget less than us.

Register Sign in to join the conversation