Miscellaneous Rumbles

Uline Alternatives

Does anyone have alternative sources for shipping materials; boxes, kraft paper, etc?

We tried Global industrial but they shipped our supplies to the wrong address. TWICE. Went back to Uline, sadly. Perhaps you'll have better luck.

Yes I do!! And believe it or not it's the good ol' United States Post Office!! Just register online and set up an account (super easy) and "shop" for mailing supplies. The shipping boxes are FREE FREE FREE and delivered free of charge right to your front door!!! Now most of the shipping boxes are Priority Mail but that's O.K. I sell on E-Bay and if you use their system for printing shipping labels they give you a good discount. So much that usually Priority Mail is cheaper than Parcel Select! And if you need a non-Priority shipping box then head out to WALMART. Yes, that's right. They have shipping boxes in various shapes and sizes and they are CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! Don't forget that big ol' strappin' tape. Shipping costs these days are way high and gettin' higher so we need to cut costs where we can. Some folks have names for people like me but I'll only confess to being "economical"!!! Shoot, I remember when you could get 6 regular sized candy bars for a quarter (25 cents) and a sodie pop, a Coke in the little green bottle, was a nickel (5 cents)! I'm purdy sure them days are gone forever! Glad I got to see it first hand! Thanks, Steve

What are you packing?

Lowe's has all sorts of Household Move Boxes.

Uline is best for Guitar boxes, Picture boxes, Specialty, etc.

Sorry. I should been more clear in my original post: shipping guitars.

Guitar Center used to just give me boxes they were tossing, not sure about nowadays.

OK, I've gotta stop scanning the topics too quickly. I didn't know there were any alternatives to urine.

The issue with Uline is the minimum order of 5 boxes, and they ship Common Carrier...at least that was the case my last 2 orders.

There are some on Reverb, including ones from Reverb themselves. Not really very cheap, though.

Does anyone have alternative sources for shipping materials; boxes, kraft paper, etc?

– Caliban335

There is a company near me that makes packing supplies, I'll check them out for you this week.

This is the book for you Tim. Highly recommended, Sally Magnusson's 'Life of Pee'-

I spent a floatatious 90 minutes reading all the free pages. Indeed a good read. I may have to order it.

OK, I've gotta stop scanning the topics too quickly. I didn't know there were any alternatives to urine.

– Proteus

Apple juice. It has, I've read, an improved flavor.

DO NOT go to UPS or FedEx. Outrageous prices for boxes of any sort.

– Proteus

Urine a lot of trouble with this stream of yellow journalism

Gee whiz, Crowbone --- somebody's liable to get pissed off at that!

Only if someone leaks that, Parabar!

Trickles and drips of misinformation leaves ever expanding spots of mistrust.

How do we take care of this? Depends.

Henny Crowbone.

Register Sign in to join the conversation