Miscellaneous Rumbles

Ugh - I need therapy … would you do this?

I have all the guitars I need - really. Then --- a guy I know who's hard up for money posts on FB that he's selling a G5125 for $300 with Gretsch case. The guitar is black, not my favorite, and it needs a lot of cleaning - but no fret wear. So yeah, I'm buying it - don't need it, but U.S. Dearmond pickups are pretty cool, etc. Ugh, I need help.

You may need an extra storage facility.

I mean, how could you pass up a deal like that?

Guilty, so I sympathize.

Those kinds of deals are hard to pass up, I'd have snapped it up in a heartbeat. It's sad that your buddy needs to sell it, but good that it's going to a friend. It can always be sold back to him when he's in better financial shape, should you decide to let it go.

I've suffered from GAS my entire life (most of it anyway) I understand your affliction!

I'd snap it up, and maybe if I knew the guy offer him first refusal should I decide to let it move on...

I love my 5126 and at $300 with a case?...... I'd grab it for sure. Great guitar, great deal.

I know what you are saying though as I have all of the guitars I need. But having the variety is a lot of fun!!!!

Hard to pass up that deal. Makes it hard that he’s a mate and hard up for $. Has there been a lot of stuff on the market cheap over there cause of the shutdown?

I had almost the same thing happen on ebay about 6 hours ago. Then I told myself that the price shouldn't ever be the only reason that I would buy it. I have two guitars in the shop (repairs) and I'm dreading taking on another basket case.

I feel bad for some of my buds who have big collections, but are sorta lving like 15-20 years ago when there was a screamin' vintage guitar scene. So they still have this sky's the limit expectations, and then find out .....nobody gives a damn. And it's hard for them to adjust their expectations.

Still under $1000 stuff, esp. under $600 has no prob finding buyers.

You would have needed intervention had you not bought it. Pics! Congrats

It'd be a great deal at that price. You could easily double your money quickly if you wanted.

Take a deep breath and listen closely: you can never have too many guitars! I promised my wife I wouldn't buy any more guitars-BUT I had my fingers crossed. Besides, I never promised to buy any less.

Take a deep breath and listen closely: you can never have too many guitars! I promised my wife I wouldn't buy any more guitars-BUT I had my fingers crossed. Besides, I never promised to buy any less.

The story of my life.

Mr. Hellbilly, I do not know how many guitars you have, but if you have not reached 50, you are still good.

...!

I get where you're coming from. I've been working to get our lower floor done which includes my guitar room. Haven't played my guitars in months. I even have a couple I haven't even gotten to know. What have I been doing in my spare time? Ogling a cheap LP style guitar on Thomann! What's wrong with me?

Maybe it speaks to the best in you as well. Buying from a friend who's hard up. I did the same, for a guy selling off gear for medical treatment. It sort of walks a fine line between self-indulgence and caring for others. Even if I fall on "me" side of that line, it's still not such a bad thing.

Sounds like a good guitar to experiment with some gold pinstriping!

I love black guitars and so do many others here. I know if you decide to sell it here you could make a profit and everyone would be happy.

Sounds like a good guitar to experiment with some gold pinstriping!

– Rockabilly_Nick

I know! Could be awfully fun - and the stock pickups sound pretty good on these models!

I love black guitars and so do many others here. I know if you decide to sell it here you could make a profit and everyone would be happy.

– BuddyHollywood

Good to know!

If you don't want it, pass the info on to the rest of us -- or act as our agent to buy it. That is a great deal on a pretty danged good guitar.

All cleaned up! What a great guitar!

Register Sign in to join the conversation