Miscellaneous Rumbles

Turmeric…the Guitar Player’s Friend

Chicken and Chick Pea Curry!

It fills the House with this amazing, enticing aroma...

But, there are those that prefer Charcoal Rotisserie...Oh, it was Brined for a day+ in a Turmeric Baste...

Nice work on the bird, man. Well trussed. That really looks good!

How did a guy from NYC learn to BBQ like that?

Both look fabulous! I think I'm getting this wonder scent......!

I grew up Amish...

(I didn't stay Amish...but, they are outstanding Purveyors and Businesspersons, my kind of people!)

And, I have lived in KC, SC, NC each more than 5 years...been to TX about 500 times, and admittedly being part Neanderthal, FIRE is as important as Guitars!!!

I admit it....

The Curry has 1 1/2 Tbs of White Pepper...

The Rotisserie has Black Pepper all over...

I thought this thread would be about the (possible/supposed/I don’t know) health benefits of turmeric. Wrong.

Activated by black pepper? I must say the picture of your curry made me all the more excited to be going to the UK...Indian food every day! Well, nearly.

What's wrong with Black or White Pepper as long as you grind it yourself?

Lots of Curry joints in London and the UK...Good for You!

But, there are those that prefer Charcoal Rotisserie...Oh, it was Brined for a day+ in a Turmeric Baste...

– Twangmeisternyc

Here's a trick you might not know. If you want to do a bird right away and no time to brine, just buy a kosher chicken (or turkey). They are brined as part of the kashering process.

I thought this thread would be about the (possible/supposed/I don’t know) health benefits of turmeric. Wrong.

Activated by black pepper? I must say the picture of your curry made me all the more excited to be going to the UK...Indian food every day! Well, nearly.

– Deed Eddy

I thought the same and after I drooled over the picture, I have to say that I'm all about exploring natural anti-inflammatory things. After many surgeries below the knee (I was born with 2 club feet), I have "spare parts" that serve as achilles tendons.

So no there's no wonder that my feet, both of which are collapsed....flatter than flat to the point where most have arches, I have bone. Tendonitis is a painful reminder in the top part of both feet into the ankle. It is brutal in the left foot. I cook a lot and a lot of different cuisines. When just for myself, I add turmeric to many things and yes, black pepper too. I like pepper but it acts as a type of catalyst to maximize the anti-inflammatory properties.

I also eat a lot of wild salmon and sardines, blue and blackberries, broccoli, bell peppers, kale, spinach, brussel sprouts, avocados, and mushrooms.

And tonight I happened to indulge in a heaping 2 plates of one of my favorites....Lamb Saag.

A friend has really bad RA (is there any other kind?) and has been using turmeric far a while now and says it definitely helps; she stopped getting shots awhile back.

Those do look good but for some reason my taste buds don't get along with Curry.

O.K. I need to know your address right away!!! I can bring some slumgullion!! You might wanna stick a straight-back chair under the door knob. Neighbors git a whiff of one of those and you gonna have some company!!! Thanks for posting those pics. Can't wait till Thanksgiving! I'm as giddy as a waterbug in a rent house!!! I might just print copies to hang on the fridgerator. Steve

I grew up Amish...

(I didn't stay Amish...but, they are outstanding Purveyors and Businesspersons, my kind of people!)

And, I have lived in KC, SC, NC each more than 5 years...been to TX about 500 times, and admittedly being part Neanderthal, FIRE is as important as Guitars!!!

I admit it....

– Twangmeisternyc

Well said Sir.......... Fire Good!

Turmeric did wonders for my joints (fingers/shoulder/ankle).

K

Well, tonight is the full meal...

What better than to let the Curry/Chickpea Casserole matriculate in the fridge for a couple days?

My wife took a "Mental Health Day Field Trip" to the Western side California Sierra to visit an Apple Orchard!

Not far from The RoundUp...checking my story from a few weeks ago...Who goes to a RoundUp???

I made a Zucchini Loaf to go along as a side dish.

Then some Steamed Broccoli...White Basmati, too.

I’m taking some for a bit of osteoarthritis in two of my left fingers. Only been a month and a half, but it seems it may help. Time will tell.

Register Sign in to join the conversation