Miscellaneous Rumbles

Trem pedal recommendations?

Is there a secondary market for the Little Kahunas? I would love to pick up one used. They do sound pretty special.

Your going to get as many responses as there are pedals.

– Charlie Vegas

That one is my choice, too

I'm so uncool with my boss TR-2.

Wound up going with the Fulltone Supa Trem.

I've heard it used before to great effect, and one was available in near perfect shape for less than what I was willing to pay.

Great sounding pedal that gives me everything I need.

Thanks for the suggestions.

These are cheap but I love mine.

– Bear

This along with the Fulltone SupaTrem are both clones of the DeMeter Tremulator. All three are pretty great. But the joyo is cheaply made. But what do you expect from a Chinese pedal that costs $20 shipped on eBay?

Anyone have thoughts on the Mr. Black rev/trek pedal? I am looking for an R/T pedal a bit less expensive than the Strymon.

Ugh autocorrect - rev/TREM

Another vote for the cheapazoid Joyo. Mine's been on my board for a couple years and still going. I only use it on 2 or 3 tunes a night.

Ugh autocorrect - rev/TREM

– spike

Yeah, it's GREAT. Does both effects very well, not AS good as the trem on the Flint but def better spring than the Flint.

The new version is even better because of the independent switching.

Boss TR2 is great for trem on a non trem amp. I may be selling mine if the Mr. Black Deluxe first addition with one switch lives up to its reviews for trem and reverb in one pedal. Other than that for live or gigging I doubt seriously any body could tell what trem you're using. Of course as dcbirdman said, "i am so uncool" :)

Oh man, if I'd have seen that two-switch Mr. Black pedal before I bought my Flint...well I probably still would have bought the Flint. But I had my eye on the one-switch version of the Mr. Black. I really like Jack Deville as a person (he's active and very helpful on the diy effects forums), so I'm eager to support his business, I'll probably get something else of his anyways.

Still I'm very satisfied with my Flint. I can get all the Fendery goodness I had with my Twin Reverb, plus a few other useful tones that I use on occasion.

I've only been using my Victoria amps to gig. Reverb and Trem built in. I limit myself to 6 pedals so this is best route for me.

I'm so uncool with my boss TR-2.

– DCBirdMan

That makes two of us. I just picked one up, thanks to this thread. I'm surprised at just how good this little pedal sounds. No problems with volume drop. Great buffer. No signal loss whether off or on. And the LFO gives a very convincing impression of a Deluxe Reverb vib circuit (which BTW I've A/Bd the pedal against. Not normally a BOSS fan, but for the money, this is a very useful, musical, and affordable little box. Welcome to the world of the uncool...

Hey you're uncool too? Cool!

Anyone have thoughts on the Mr. Black rev/trek pedal? I am looking for an R/T pedal a bit less expensive than the Strymon.

– spike

I had high hopes, but was extremely disappointed. Totally Meh. Unless I got a dud. Reverb was super-bright and of the "delay" variety (not really a reverb, a Belton brick- which is a bunch of super short delays tied together to make a "reverb"), and the trem was simply unremarkable. I sold it within 24 hours.

I had not seen the new Mr. Black two switch version myself. Thanks a lot for the tip Mac! That really looks like it would do the trick for me.

Any opinions on the Garagetone tremolo? I have it and it sounds OK to me. But I mostly play Django stuff nowadays and know so terribly little about electric guitar stuff. Est-ce cool ou pas cool?

I've not played the Garagetone tremolo myself, but Garagetone in general makes some pretty good pedals.

Honestly the majority of analog tremolo pedals have the same LFO applied to the signal in one of two or three ways. It's pretty cool that you can get so many variations from the same building blocks, but you can probably just pick the pedal with your favorite graphics and be satisfied that your tremolo will be as good as any other.

The Supro tremolo pedal has a preamp included so it has s cool gain stage of its own if you GAFF

I'd say the Nocturne Nailhead Trem based on the 60s german trans trem and EA trem to simulate early Duane Eddy DeArmond tremelo, but dialed in for singers.. is the finest but that would make me biased..

seriously in the war of tremelo pedals, I dont see why there are not more hardline Fulltone pedal users. Mike has proven his products over and over for several decades!

I would otherwise be using the Fulltone Supatrem. I had that on my board for 10yrs until I created my own, but Mike Fuller has dialed that pedal in more so then when I had the early version. Worth every penny in my book for those who gig and need straight forward versatile blackface tremelo w the ability to move between buttery smooth trem and harder chop.

Any opinions on the Garagetone tremolo? I have it and it sounds OK to me. But I mostly play Django stuff nowadays and know so terribly little about electric guitar stuff. Est-ce cool ou pas cool?

– trumpetman

SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) bought it for me as a birthday present, I can't say no right? It's pink, probably caught her eyes.

3 knobs, a pulsating LED and tough case. Sounds good to my ears. I can't ask for more.

Register Sign in to join the conversation