Miscellaneous Rumbles

July 4 Greetings!

Best wishes to all U.S. GDPers for a wonderfully happy and peaceful Independence Day weekend from t'other side of the pond.

Enjoy!

Thanks. It's going to be a wet one here in upstate NY. I guess I'm doomed to clean up my cellar today.

Enjoy the day.

And I'll say what my grandfather always told everyone: Don't blow your fingers off.

He was the fire chief.

Im going to a bluegrass party in an old amish farm house. Staying the night. Weather is rain and cool,that means no work and a full day of music. I will be cooking food all day. Hope everyone is safe and happy.

Enjoy the day.

And I'll say what my grandfather always told everyone: Don't blow your fingers off.

He was the fire chief.

– crowbone

We used to say "When driving on the Fourth, be careful on the fifth."

Thanks Richard. As with Journeyman, it's nice to receive such a greeting from the international GDP community. Happy Fourth of July everyone!

It'll be warm and dry here in middle America. We're right in the middle of fireworks season (Memorial Day thru Labor Day) so it sounds like Tet around here. It's beer and bar-b-que, kids and critters, and generally a warm lazy day. Lots of old cars and Harley's driving by the house. For thirty years, it meant that I'd be working a huge concert and fireworks celebration at the university. I can see and hear the fireworks from home, so, I think that I'll avoid 40K people and the traffic.

Be safe out there, all; and many thanks to our Canadian and British friends for remembering their errant kin.

Register Sign in to join the conversation