Miscellaneous Rumbles

Tired

In my 30+ years as either a prosecutor or a defense attorney I have known a lot of cops. Most of them have been good people, folks you would have been happy to have a beer with and a chat. Even now that I do defense work I have dealt with many who have said nothing but good things about me even if I am on the other side. I have also known a few who are rotten apples, who you really couldn't trust, who might be a little too quick to deploy force when it wasn't needed.

I have also known, as in any group some who were just odd, some who are prima donnas, and some with obvious psychological issues. Police are just a microcosm of the rest of society.

But what you may not realize is that there are many kinds of criminal defendants. Lots of crazy ones. I am usually pretty good at picking out the bi-polars from the schizophrenics. Some could be perfectly fine but never had a chance in life. The ones who grow up in poverty, with substance abuse issues and no parents to speak of. And then there are the truly evil ones, the ones with the cold dead eyes. They are the only ones that scare me.

Point is that you can never paint any group with a broad brush.

How did I miss this thread a few weeks ago? The usual incoherent malcontent useful idiots answered the call as ever I see. At least Strummerson could write with literacy irrespective of the merits of his views.

To the OP: It's hard not to be beaten down by the incessant drumbeat of the "media" who have no problem telling us day in day out that "most protesters" are peaceful but would never say something of this nature about the integrity of the police force.

Please know what has made you tired is not even a dent in the majority outlook on these matters. Most all of us see the 60 NYPD and Port Authority officers who willingly rushed into the collapsing Twin Towers as the soul of the police force, and we are damn grateful and thankful for it.

The late radio broadcaster Paul Harvey put things in perspective in an epic tribute with his commanding, somber media voice we so sorely miss in the age of smug imbeciles like Don Lemon and Brian Stelter. It's not about you Sorefingers, 100% of all of this is about spreading Marxism and a desired outcome in November.

The law officer's training, hardware,and legal authority are all intended to facilitate his duty, of which the first priority is to establish control of whatever situation he encounters. It is the height of foolishness to attempt to resist,even verbally,and for a long time I just shook my head at how members of certain ethnic and behavioral groups apparently considered mouthing off to an armed man to be some sort of civil right, and would then get in very high dudgeon when the inevitable rough treatment took place. Later,as a result of my time working public welfare, I realized that being fatherless is a high risk factor for not knowing the value of deference to authority,and the consequence of mouthing off to the aforementioned armed man. The culture appears only dimly aware of the damage socialized fatherlessness does to society in general,and in particular to the group that chooses it 70% of the time.

How did I miss this thread a few weeks ago? The usual incoherent malcontent useful idiots answered the call as ever I see. At least Strummerson could write with literacy irrespective of the merits of his views.

To the OP: It's hard not to be beaten down by the incessant drumbeat of the "media" who have no problem telling us day in day out that "most protesters" are peaceful but would never say something of this nature about the integrity of the police force.

Please know what has made you tired is not even a dent in the majority outlook on these matters. Most all of us see the 60 NYPD and Port Authority officers who willingly rushed into the collapsing Twin Towers as the soul of the police force, and we are damn grateful and thankful for it.

The late radio broadcaster Paul Harvey put things in perspective in an epic tribute with his commanding, somber media voice we so sorely miss in the age of smug imbeciles like Don Lemon and Brian Stelter. It's not about you Sorefingers, 100% of all of this is about spreading Marxism and a desired outcome in November.

– knavel

We live in unusual times, don't we? We have two distinct outlooks in the US these days. One group likes facts and truth and science, from their media AND their Politicians, while the other prefers alternative facts, non-truths, and conspiracy theories. We get to chose which side all by ourselves! (genetically programmed "Illusory pattern perception" and other cranial hard wiring's notwithstanding!)

....hey! 18,000+ documented verifiable non-truths so far, and counting!

One side thinks that all Americans regardless of the color of their skin or who they're attracted to deserve affordable health care, a good education and a livable wage. They believe that all children should have enough to eat and a reasonably comfortable roof over their heads. They believe the country should join together both socially and politically to solve our problems. They believe that fighting among ourselves is counter productive, and that folks living in fear because of their skin tone or where they worship, is probably unconstitutional.

They don't see a fair and equitable and caring country as being Marxist, but Antifa in the US would sure luv to draw down in Nov. and go on vacation!

Oh, and about those "useful idiots"? I see in the news this morning that more of them are back trying to stop political rallies from using their music. Yup, the Stones again. (....nice shot of Keith with Micawber on BBC news!)

Good job, Knavel. Way to really bring the discourse down.

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.