Miscellaneous Rumbles

Tired

I will refrain from making my view known as I do not wish to add political overtones to my only contribution. My niece had her business looted, only to find out her insurance has a rider excluding civil disturbances. I'm betting that 90+% of business contracts have similar riders. So she's SOL.

– Opie

Riot insurance is something like flood insurance-- expensive (and REALLY expensive if you're in a high-risk area) so people opt out. It's all good until there's a civil disturbance......

Yep I saw this a few days ago. And I would have been pretty close to the start line.

My mom was a cleaner at my secondary school, dad was made redundant at the age of 53 when I was thirteen. I used to keep my shoes flat on the floor in the classroom cos they had holes in the sole. Meals were pretty much sausage and fries.

As for socio-economic reasons for black on black crime that’s not something I can solve, far beyond my sphere of influence. But the point I was making is if the witness to a murder doesn’t come forward regardless of their colour they are complicit. I stand for the victims of crime and their families regardless of race colour or creed and I will continue to do so. But it’s not something I can do alone.

This is going to descend into virtual screaming match if not careful. And I’m really trying to avoid that. When I see video of protesters chanting at young British police officers “Shame on you” judging them Collectively on the profession that smacks of hypocrisy, while simultaneously stating all police are racist all moral high ground is lost. this should not be a black thing this should not be a white thing. his should be a CRIME thing regardless of who commits it.

I do not judge all of the black community on this Just the individual.

https://www.google.co.uk/am...

I do genuinely mean this. In this latest round of insanity I do hope you are safe. If my posts have offended you I’m sorry. It’s not intentional. I’m just trying to find a way through without going insane or not ending up in hospital because a protesters has put a brick through my head. This will be my last response on this. It got to come to an end at some point. If you or anyone else wants the last say feel free. Stay safe.

– Sorefingers

I didn't see anyone screaming (or even coming close)...what I read was mostly respect for the service and appreciation for the sacrifice...but, I also read folks like me who can see that there is most definitely a problem with the "policing" performed by some of the inevitable "bad apples" in your chosen profession (just as stated above, there are "bad apples" in all professions and some even chose being a "bad apple" as their "profession"). Those folks looting and rioting are a small portion of the protests, just as the "bad" police officers are few. I've even seen camera footage of some of those whom were white! Trouble makers, for sure!

I can't UN-SEE the brutality captured by cameramen...not the brutality upon George Floyd which again brought these inequities to a head...and, not the brutalities during the subsequent protests upon legitimate peaceful protesters. If an officer of the law needs to exert force to stop a looter, mugger, or other criminal activity or similar situation I can see how the use of force...even force which might seem "excessive" to some people could be necessary and legitimate. But, kicking a girl in the face who is just sitting on the ground, or knocking over a 75 year old man who is strolling towards you is not legitimate use of force. Persons who would do something like that do not belong in public service, even if they are only obeying orders...you are not required to obey an unlawful order...correct?

Anyway...you say you are done with the thread that you started, and that is fine with me. Given some of your statements in the thread I think you are right to be tired...and maybe you should consider changing your career. You might feel a lot better.

Best to you and again, thanks for your service.

Jarrodtaylor,please link the video of this "And I’ve seen videos of police herding peaceful protestors into alleys without exits and opening fire on them."

Jarrodtaylor,please link the video of this "And I’ve seen videos of police herding peaceful protestors into alleys without exits and opening fire on them."

– stokes

Yes, I'd like to see that video for myself LOL.

Yes, I'd like to see that video for myself LOL.

– ruger9

I haven't seen that one in particular, but the series they showed the other nite was the one where they compiled a bunch of videos of newscasters around the country covering peaceful protests. The News crews(!) males and females alike, being singled out and shot with rubber bullets and canisters!

That's a double whammy on the 1st amendment fer sure! LOL!

....a triple whammy if ya count the ones in D.C. where Clerics at their own Church were ministering to those in need and even THEY were gassed and pelted!

EDIT: Another video shown was a couple guys wearing red crosses getting injured folks off the uh, "battlespace", and even THEY weren't immune from being singled out and pelted. The announcer said the Geneva Convention protects medics and the injured. I dunno.

I like this one in particular...William Barr tells us that "no chemical agents" were used on the peaceful protesters in the clearing of Lafayette Square, they used "pepper balls" according to Barr....this is one reason (of many) why people are not always willing to believe what "the government" is telling us. Clearly, even Barr's own DOJ calls "pepper balls" a chemical agent, and the manufacturer calls them the "most effective" chemical agent.

My niece had her business looted, only to find out her insurance has a rider excluding civil disturbances. I'm betting that 90+% of business contracts have similar riders. So she's SOL.

I don't doubt what you're saying, but what a weird exclusion. Of all the sources of business insurance claims, you would think that "civil disturbance" claims would be among the rarest. It seems strange that insurers would bother to exclude them specifically.

George was no Angel.

Neither am I. But I'd still prefer not to be strangled to death in the event that I have a confrontational encounter with a police officer.

Because this sounds like a sane idea LOL. Good luck with that. if i lived in Minneapolis, I'd be looking to leave asap.

https://www.lawofficer.com/...

– ruger9

If you read the article, you find that they are not actually eliminating policing, what they are saying is that they are going to re-imagine and re-organize how they police. There will still be law enforcement...it just won't....hopefully...be racially biased.

Or, in the alternative, you can just hear the phrase "defund police" and not understand what it actually means so that you can use the phrase to decide it means what you implied.

If you read the article, you find that they are not actually eliminating policing, what they are saying is that they are going to re-imagine and re-organize how they police. There will still be law enforcement...it just won't....hopefully...be racially biased.

Or, in the alternative, you can just hear the phrase "defund police" and not understand what it actually means so that you can use the phrase to decide it means what you implied.

– Toddfan

Your 2nd paragraph completely describes BOTH sides of this entire mess....

protestors ≠ rioters.

Trump supporter ≠ racist.

Bad cops ≠ ALL cops are bad.

But people like things nice and neat, that way they don't have to tire themselves with critically thinking about everything...

Your 2nd paragraph completely describes BOTH sides of this entire mess....

protestors ≠ rioters.

Trump supporter ≠ racist.

Bad cops ≠ ALL cops are bad.

But people like things nice and neat, that way they don't have to tire themselves with critically thinking about everything...

– ruger9

If you read the thread...and, my other posts...you'd see that I have already stated that I believe all of those things, too....so, I guess that "I" am indeed, ME.

And, that leaves you to be you.....

Me two! .....or too.....

....or three.....!

At this point in time, the lines and distinctions between the police and the military have been intentionally softened in the direction of militarization.

This is a problem.

It's not only about 'bad apples'. It's about police departments adopting military protocols. In many if not most police departments, an officer is authorized and empowered to use lethal force if they "feel threatened" with no defined guidelines about precisely what that means. In many cases where police officers have killed someone and were not criminally charged or fired, it is because they met the vague protocols they were trained with in regard to using lethal force.

The role of the police is to protect and serve the people. The role of the military is to defend the Country from enemies. When the police become the military, the people become the enemy.

If you read the thread...and, my other posts...you'd see that I have already stated that I believe all of those things, too....so, I guess that "I" am indeed, ME.

– Toddfan

I know the families of over 30 officers killed while "doing their job". Most of the families have are having a very rough time and their lives have been fractured.

Why don't you join me "enlightening" the family members of the slain officers with your thoughts. Many have young children and do not know why their father, or 6 mothers, will not be returning home, never share Christmas dinner again, or praying during Hanukkah, or just hearing them say "Good night, I love you".

What a brave man you are posturing your political correct demagoguery behind a keyboard.

And since you care so much, I have been a victim of a violent mugging, left in a coma for 5 days, lost 2 years of memory that includes my wedding day, and lost my sense of smell. With this, the NYPD detective was "on the take" from the establishment I was leaving from and never filed a correct report and the perps were never caught.

I needed the correct police report to file a Crime Victims Report which was required to cover over $40,000.00 in medical bills that my insurance did not cover. I vistited the precinct in lower manhattan over 15 times, with one of the times having an off-duty officer draw his revolver at me telling me to end my inquiries. I worked thru the AG's office and other areas and finally got my report.

Yes, there are bad police officers......trust me I know from experience and most likely with far greater experience than your "brave keyboard op-ed blabbing". Now, do you want to come with me to visit the shop owners who have lost everything from the looting.....yeah, those people who have suckered you into thinking that their righteous cause for the life of Mr. Floyd deserved others lives to be burned.

I went to Fordham University in the Bronx, I have been accosted many times late at night making my way back to Penn Station after work.......a couple of time because I was white and wearing a suit around the time of the last election. After a very threatening situation where a black man certainly did not like my white ass pulled a knife, I just did not care.....I charged him and tossed him down the steps....yes I was sliced good and bled enough to completely ruin a suit.

I've lived it but spare us from your individual-defined moral crusade to win over the hearts of those who you want to sway. Why I even wasted my time with a light-weight like you is questionable but I can tell you have not had your blood spilled like I have. BUT.....also know the dangers of those who are really not paid much to wear the blue uniform and serve the citizens.....even if I was wronged by one of the "bad apples".

Let me know if you'd like to hear about the other guy who attempted to mug me. He did so with a loaded .38. That was in '03, a little over a year after the 1st attack. I charged him, he discharged his weapon but missed and I beat him so the only color you saw of his skin was blood red. I then took his belt and tied his hand to an iron gate in front of a building where it happened. I took the loaded gun, found to NYPD officers and led them to the perp.

I lived it, I help those families of the slain officers who died, I volunteer for multiple animal rescue groups and see who those people are that organize pit-bull rings and steal kittens and cats to use as bait. I have been beaten, sliced, and bled.

I lived it and continue to do so. What the hell do you have but the ability to look up numbers?

– Toddfan

Todd, I was actually agreeing with you, not criticizing or labeling YOU. I was agreeing with your 2nd paragraph. I don't know the other things you posted in this thread, as political threads here are, indeed, tired... so I don't bother reading them word-for-word. It's simply not worth it, unfortunately. I can't abide knee-jerk reactions. bandwagoning, or virtue-signaling; and a lot of people here (and everywhere these days) do that, unfortunately.

I know the families of over 30 officers killed while "doing their job". Most of the families have are having a very rough time and their lives have been fractured.

Why don't you join me "enlightening" the family members of the slain officers with your thoughts. Many have young children and do not know why their father, or 6 mothers, will not be returning home, never share Christmas dinner again, or praying during Hanukkah, or just hearing them say "Good night, I love you".

What a brave man you are posturing your political correct demagoguery behind a keyboard.

And since you care so much, I have been a victim of a violent mugging, left in a coma for 5 days, lost 2 years of memory that includes my wedding day, and lost my sense of smell. With this, the NYPD detective was "on the take" from the establishment I was leaving from and never filed a correct report and the perps were never caught.

I needed the correct police report to file a Crime Victims Report which was required to cover over $40,000.00 in medical bills that my insurance did not cover. I vistited the precinct in lower manhattan over 15 times, with one of the times having an off-duty officer draw his revolver at me telling me to end my inquiries. I worked thru the AG's office and other areas and finally got my report.

Yes, there are bad police officers......trust me I know from experience and most likely with far greater experience than your "brave keyboard op-ed blabbing". Now, do you want to come with me to visit the shop owners who have lost everything from the looting.....yeah, those people who have suckered you into thinking that their righteous cause for the life of Mr. Floyd deserved others lives to be burned.

I went to Fordham University in the Bronx, I have been accosted many times late at night making my way back to Penn Station after work.......a couple of time because I was white and wearing a suit around the time of the last election. After a very threatening situation where a black man certainly did not like my white ass pulled a knife, I just did not care.....I charged him and tossed him down the steps....yes I was sliced good and bled enough to completely ruin a suit.

I've lived it but spare us from your individual-defined moral crusade to win over the hearts of those who you want to sway. Why I even wasted my time with a light-weight like you is questionable but I can tell you have not had your blood spilled like I have. BUT.....also know the dangers of those who are really not paid much to wear the blue uniform and serve the citizens.....even if I was wronged by one of the "bad apples".

Let me know if you'd like to hear about the other guy who attempted to mug me. He did so with a loaded .38. That was in '03, a little over a year after the 1st attack. I charged him, he discharged his weapon but missed and I beat him so the only color you saw of his skin was blood red. I then took his belt and tied his hand to an iron gate in front of a building where it happened. I took the loaded gun, found to NYPD officers and led them to the perp.

I lived it, I help those families of the slain officers who died, I volunteer for multiple animal rescue groups and see who those people are that organize pit-bull rings and steal kittens and cats to use as bait. I have been beaten, sliced, and bled.

I lived it and continue to do so. What the hell do you have but the ability to look up numbers?

– NJDevil

I've made it clear that I do not condone the looting and violence from anyone.

You don't know me or what I may or may not have been through in my life.

It sounds like you've had a tough time and been through a lot...and you sound very angry.

I hope your situation improves, just like I hope the situation of others improves.

Peace.

I've made it clear that I do not condone the looting and violence from anyone.

You don't know me or what I may or may not have been through in my life.

It sounds like you've had a tough time and been through a lot...and you sound very angry.

I hope your situation improves, just like I hope the situation of others improves.

Peace.

– Toddfan

It is unfortunate what triggers the rage that incidents of my past seems to harbor. Maybe I should remove myself from animal rescue and "scale down" to animal adoption and care as volunteer work.

Blessings, good fortunate and best of health to you and your family.

Peace,

Dave

I think we all are getting a little tired.

– stokes

Hey, stokes: I’ll have to see if I can dig it up. There have been so many recently.

The tactic is called “kettling”. It’s basically herding protestors to where they can’t escape. Good tactic for rounding people up, but it greatly increases the chances of conflict. The NYPD has been doing it lately. It’s the opposite of dispersing a crowd.

Twitter user @greg_doucette has been collecting and cataloging videos. It’s where the original “300 videos” number came from. It’s up to 400+ now. He’s listing dates and locations of incidents and flagging duplicates and other angles of the same incidents with the same ID number so they aren’t adding to the count. As far as I’ve seen, they’re all from the recent protests and not just a list of old videos.

Another one worth checking out is a news story (CBS?) from a few years ago titled “What Happens When You Try to File a Complaint Against a Police Officer”.

And again I want to emphasize that I’m not posting this to say cops are evil or something. Just that there needs to be more systemic accountability. The worse the consequences of screwing up get, the more accountability is needed. Surgeons carry liability insurance and if they get sued too many times for leaving scalpels inside patients, eventually they won’t be able to be surgeons anymore.

I think there is a difference between honest disagreement and a "soft coup",where the dissidents are working towards a slow-motion revolutionary overthrow of the existing government. Having lived through last century's social upheavals,and having worked in public welfare for much of that time, I've become convinced that a "soft coup" has been underway ever since JFK's Dallas trip. To be sure,the conflict so far has largely been a war of words, but there is a school of thought that posits the USA has a pattern of getting into an existential war every 80 to 85 years (SEE 1776-1861,1861-1941), and if they're right, there might be some "interesting times" around the next Administration's first holiday season......

I'm aware of the tactics,I was law enforcement for 30 yrs.I am interested in the part where you say they "opened fire"

I'm aware of the tactics,I was law enforcement for 30 yrs.I am interested in the part where you say they "opened fire"

– stokes

Maybe he's talking about CHY-NA lol

Maybe he's talking about CHY-NA lol

– ruger9

Yeah! Chy-na is such a nice shiny thing and so easy to see in the dark! "Listen for the dog whistle, don't be distracted, and fire away"! LOL!

EDIT: I dunno, maybe I'm suffering blinders-on optimism, but it's beginning to look like the protests are devolving, or evolving, into big centralized community block parties. Folks are even bringing their pets large and small to spread the love!

Maybe Antifa is watching over things at a distance. We remember Antifa: The Greatest Generation joined Eisenhower and Antifa to defeat the Fascists. Good show! Well done!

....some folks are sayn' (tweetn') that the 75 year old white guy who was knocked to the concrete in Buffalo was an Antifa plant to disrupt Police communications. Hey could be! LOL!

....some folks are sayn' (tweetn') that the 75 year old white guy who was knocked to the concrete in Buffalo was an Antifa plant to disrupt Police communications. Hey could be! LOL!

Could be? More like obviously was. That's just occam's razor. LOL.

As an observer from outside the USA (and I know things are not rosy where I live either) I just find it so sad. I don't condone violence by anyone police or regular citizen. Would I be a cop? No way! But I'm glad that some folks are. Just don't hire psychopaths. For anything.

I wish all arrests could be like this one:

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.