Miscellaneous Rumbles

Thoughts on Viva Las Vegas?

Jerry Lee and The Cats, couldn't resist. Taking a four day break from work and kids....its what you do in your 50's. Flying in thursday, looking forward to hearing some raucous guitar picking.

Powdog 12 hours ago - Lots of bands playing. Any suggestions for ones not to be missed?

Recognizing that my tastes aren't the same as everyone else's, and it's not going to make me popular with the missus, but come Saturday morning, I'm going to stagger down to the Car Show at the crack of noon and park myself there in the bleachers for Mitch Polzak (who I believe will be playing with my buddy Hank Maninger), followed by Hot Rod Lincoln (Buzz Campbell!), followed by Duane, followed by Jerry Lee, followed by the Stray Cats. And by then it'll be 8 pm and I'll probably be sunburned and starving, but likely a better person for the experience.

– giffenf

That is pretty much the extent of my plan, as well (though it also includes suggesting to my better half that she make a plan to procure a parasol or similar shade-providing device for herself prior).

This edition of VLV is going to be totally epic. I've seen the lineup and read about all Deke has organised.

I was even thinking of going but all hotels were booked already. So no show for me. I'm sure, that all who are going will have a great time.

The VLV Saturday car show concert with Duane Eddy, Brian Setzer, and Buzz Cambell is going to be a TWANG-FEST of epic proportions! If you're planning to attend, look for me down front... pressed up against the stage barrier.

I'll be squashed in there somewhere too Joe! I'm just working on the Stray Cats backdrop and making sure I draw all the details of Brian's original 6120, stickers and dice included. Gonna be a blast to watch those shows hey.

Will it happen this time ? Prior to the 70s tour of the UK , on BBC radio Duane said he would love to join Jerry Lee Lewis on stage ! - What a sensation if that became a reality at last . Whatever the song , musically the two would knock ' rocking ' sparks off each other !

The VLV Saturday car show concert with Duane Eddy, Brian Setzer, and Buzz Cambell is going to be a TWANG-FEST of epic proportions! If you're planning to attend, look for me down front... pressed up against the stage barrier.

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

I’ll be looking for you, Joe!

Seeing Duane is a lifelong dream come true for me. He was my first and is still my #1 guitar hero. I’m hoping for a chance to shake The Man’s hand and thank him for all the great music and inspiration.

Anyone know of a way to get tickets? Looks like they’re listed as sold out on the VLV site.

Seeing the Stray Cats live is right at the top of my bucket list. Never been to Viva but once I saw the show announced I jumped on tickets.

I'll be flying in from Boston with my wife on Wednesday. The Stray Cats are the main event for me, Duane Eddy and Jerry Lee Lewis though on the same show? Goddamn, It's going to be awesome.

And as a bonus I get to catch Darrell Higham and the Delta Bombers on Thursday night. The Quakes, Guana Batz, and Tim Polecat are playing friday night in downtown Vegas and I'll probably be hitting that up.

Anyone know of a way to get tickets? Looks like they’re listed as sold out on the VLV site.

– magnet

I have 2 extra car show only tickets if you're just looking to see Jerry Lee, Duane, and the Stray Cats.

I have 2 extra car show only tickets if you're just looking to see Jerry Lee, Duane, and the Stray Cats.

– MacStevenXIII

Wow! I would love to buy these from you MacSteven. Unfortunately we can’t find a reasonable airfare out there now. On Friday, there were some good rates, but no VLV tix available. Now all the decent airfares seem to have gone away. My plan B may have to be to seem them in Chicago this summer. I appreciate the offer!

Register Sign in to join the conversation