Miscellaneous Rumbles

Thieving git

This was on Facebook,

This chancer walked into our lock up while we were rehearsing in london and stole my Gretsch country gent guitar S/nJ004121263. If you see know him or my guitar in any pawn shops , gumtree or EBay etc let us know . It’s the guitar I used in the Children of the sun video . He was wearing a pink Floyd tour jacket . Thanks Grant

& here's the toe rag responsible.

That's awful! What a POS!

Hope the guitar is recovered and the perpetrator gets what coming to him.

I hope you put a wooppum on the low life egg sucker what done that!

I hope karma kicks his skank ass

Thieving Git Gets Guit
Gent Gutted That Gent Gone

In London, in early 1969 a very famous Gretsch Tennessean and Hofner bass were stolen by a lo-rent in Abbey Road studios, and so those instruments are lost to the world. So it still goes on -- sorry about the loss. Tech and communication are so much better now maybe it will be recovered.

Thieving Git Gets Guit
Gent Gutted That Gent Gone

– Proteus

Thiever pawns git gets stoned and needs new git to get for new drugs 2morra.

Git paver stone to thiever's personal hell.

If you have connection to the owner, tell him that Es Goodman's Facebook Musician's Registry has had good success casting a sufficiently wide net to find and recover the guitar. If he is not a member, please tell him Es will admit him with a bit of his background given. Es is a great Girl who has created another good music space. You should check it out, if you Facebook. You may tell her I suggested you join, if you'd like.

Having an instrument stolen is a pretty horrible crime, and I hope, even if you get it back, that the thief passes a cactus...through his urethra.

The guitar belongs to Grant from Feeder, I thought sharing its theft here was important especially as he'd posted the serial number.

That well and truly sucks! I hope you get it back in good shape.

I've never lost anything on a gig, but I did lose everything I had to a home robbery when I first moved to SF as a young man. Saxes, guitars including a '59 ES125 TD that I bought in a pawn shop for $150 bucks in the 70's. I still miss that one.

I really hope yours finds it's way home.

That blows, someone has to know who that is.

Too bad to hear this. Let's keep our eyes open and hope this will turn out good. I have seen Feeder a few times live (although it's been a while since) but some songs are part of the soundtrack of my life. Like this:

I have added the guitar to the database in case anyone happens to check it before purchasing the guitar. I will also try to post the thief's photo in the comments section.

I have added the guitar to the database in case anyone happens to check it before purchasing the guitar. I will also try to post the thief's photo in the comments section.

– Ric12string

Cheers.

By the way, I have determined that this is a 2004 G6122SP Country Classic Special. I happen to own that same model guitar. In December of 2004, when this guitar was manufactured, there was only one doublecut Gent guitar offered by Gretsch which had the double mutes and that was the Country Classic Special. If you look at the band's video below for Children of the Sun, you can clearly see that it has the double mutes.

Register Sign in to join the conversation