Miscellaneous Rumbles

The Curse of Being on Staff for a Cat

Now don't get me wrong; I love cats. Some of my best friends have been cats. But that damn Daisy done peed in my guitar case!. And it was my beloved Gretsch, too! I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to have to replace the case. I'm trying to clean it out with this:

Pine-Sol is an amazing odor killer, if this doesn't work.

I would take my cat and leave it in the forest if it did that. Oh wait, I tried that and it came back. I forgot to close the latches. :)

I woulda put my Boots on and kicked the Cat outta the house, but the Cat pee'd on my Boots; so the Cat stayed and the Boots went out.

......my fault; I put my Boots too close to the Litter Box.

Any laundry detergent with enzymes will break down body fluids. Here's a trick I learned when my littlest harfed (TWICE in one day!) on the suede seats of my brand new Malibu. Mix a paste of Tide Enzyme laundry detergent (powdered) and spread over the stain. Let dry for about fifteen minutes, then scrape off as much as you can. Blot the rest off with damp towels and let dry. Then vacuum the residue left. You can follow up with baking soda, letting it sit for a day, then vacuuming. Vinegar and baking soda worked well on the nylon seatbelt straps. Remember to try any cleaning out on a small section first to see if causes any damage.

The Resolve may work, but it won't get to the root of the problem-- the chemical makeup of cat pi$$.

As we are a four-cat family with multiple litterboxes, I have only found one thing that will completely eliminate urine stains and odors, and that is:

Bissell® Pawsitively Clean Linen Fresh Cat Stain & Order Eliminator

This stuff REALLY works, by utilizing enzymatic breakdown of urine. And it has a pretty decent smell too.

about $13.00 for a spray bottle at PetSmart, and economy-size 1-gal refills are only about $20-25. Trust me, it does work.

The Resolve may work, but it won't get to the root of the problem-- the chemical makeup of cat pi$$.

As we are a four-cat family with multiple litterboxes, I have only found one thing that will completely eliminate urine stains and odors, and that is:

This stuff REALLY works, by utilizing enzymatic breakdown of urine. And it has a pretty decent smell too.

about $13.00 for a spray bottle at PetSmart, and economy-size 1-gal refills are only about $20-25. Trust me, it does work.

– Tartan Phantom

Sounds good. I'll give it a try. Thanks. Oh....and kicking the cat out of the house is out of the question, if I don't want to get kicked out of the house.

Thanks for the tip. Lemmy notified me to change his litter by whizzing in my 5122's hardcase. This is the same cat that literally beat my ass for farting in bed the other night.

My Dad was allergic to cats. I grew up with a Standard Poodle. My wife grew up with cats. And they had a dog or two along the way, too...

I became seriously allergic to cats 20 years ago, a big, white Persian did me in. Seven years ago, cats became a catalyst to other allergies, small particulates in general, like a Commie weaponized biohazard!

This is our answer...

Hypoallergenic, too smart, and basically a cat/dog, the Bichon Frise!

She used to walk the top sofa cushions like a cat to find her spot and fall asleep with the sun through the window. She could jump like a cat, too, a circus performer, 4x her shoulder height, to the top of the high guest room queen bed!

Now, she is 11 ( this one goes to 11! ) and doesn't feel the need to be so athletically inclined....don't I understand...

And she has planned her last two "mishaps", placing them where they would leave no history, be easily found, and never stepped on, ... for "Daddy" to clean up.

...A result of "Daddy" being asleep when panic strikes, and "Mommy", while available, never a first or dependable choice for the "outside" duties.

Although, oddly or intelligently, she has since learned to "bark" right into my face to wake me up...she knows to always be a "very good girl".

My high school and college buddy had an Amber-coated Tabby that was a weekly nightmare...now, belongs to the daughter and her roommates.

Burn your case,buy a new one. Keep it closed.

– Tartan Phantom

you did not just say "four cat family" ...no ..no you didnt say that.

You might end up with Staph from a cat there Tarton Phantom!

Tartan and I are tied in the cat department as I have 4 also. I DON'T leave dirty clothes in a pile or clean clothes folded where they can be used as resting places. All I have to do is keep the litter boxes clean and they're cool like little Fonzies!

Claritin and Flonase, please, and I am just sitting here online typing!

My eyes are red, watering, and swelling...maybe because of laughter, I dunno...

Here's what is magic Zero Odor. Next photo has the phone #. Here's a link to Amazon. Apparently, they've gotten fancy and now have a "for pet's" version. Zero Odor Amazon Link:>

The only way to have 0 odor from a cat

– TheNocturneBrain

Actually there is another way that I heard about today.... It was linked to our first corroborated sighting of a mountain lion, along with the last sighting of Tommy the Tom cat!

More than one cat is a cat infestation!

You might end up with Staph from a cat there Tarton Phantom!

– TheNocturneBrain

Four cats is not difficult to deal with... in the right combination. It's a pretty peaceful and clean household. But you have to be just as dedicated as the person who has to get up in the middle of the night to take their dog outside to do business.

Cat boxes are cleaned and deodorized on a regular schedule, at least twice a week. If you get lazy about the boxes, they'll let you know-- just like a dog will let you know when it means business (let me out!! I gotta go NOW!).

I have one rule though... no cats in the bedroom at bedtime. We love our animals, but we don't sleep with them.

This is why we'll always need Miscellaneous Rumbles!

Keep the case closed---always!

Dogs have masters, cats have staff.

Register Sign in to join the conversation