Miscellaneous Rumbles

The 2017 Winter NAMM Show Is Right Around The Corner

The Winter NAMM Show is just around the corner, running from January 19 through 22 in Anaheim, California. I am planning on attending again this year and am quite looking forward to it.

I haven't seen a theme yet for the show, but I am sure that, whatever that theme may eventually be, there are likely to be a few guitars, basses, keyboards, drums, horns, amplifiers and PA systems at the show, along with tons and tons of assorted paraphanelia to entice us.

NAMM has announced that Richie Sambora and Orianthi will be performing on the outdoor stage, as well as Bernie Williams (the former Yankee star who is a classically trained guitarist), and Ronnie Spector and the Ronettes. Now that is quite an interesting lineup. And rumor has it that there will be other concerts that may be worth attending.

I will be trying my best to keep Proteus' seat warm for him until he returns to NAMM to offer us his exemplary coverage again. And, while I will naturally provide lots of coverage about all things Gretsch, I will also be roaming the convention floor looking for other things of interest, and which I hope will also interest you.

So, if you have been wanting to learn a little bit about a particular product, or want to see some photos of something in particular, please post up something in this thread and I will do my best, as time permits, to check it out for you.

And, if you are planning on attending the NAMM Show, let me know that by posting something to that effect in this thread so that I will know to keep my eye out for you. While the daytime hours are spent wandering the halls of the Show, evenings do afford considerable time to socialize and generally hang out.

I just can't quite wait to get down there!

Bob, I see this NAMM thing is becoming quite a nasty habit for you... enjoy and have fun. Looking forward to your updates.

Rob, what would make it a "nasty" habit would be if they were selling gear from the convention hall floor. Then, like a heroin habit, it would quickly become a very expensive one for me.

Nanci and I again have put together Imagine Something Yesterday--Take II for the Saturday before Winter NAMM. The line up just keeps Getting Better All the Time. Several Gretsch Endorsed Artists will perform including Gavin Leslie Pring and Joe Orlando with The Cryers. Laurence Juber, Denny Laine, and Steve Holley are back with us this year. There are just loads more fine performers.

If you will be near Anaheim or Los Angeles, we hope you will join us. Ticket sales end tomorrow. If you are coming to join us, please let me know, too. I'm going out on the 11th and will see Styx and The Fab Four before our event.

Here's the Facebook link to the event: https://www.facebook.com/Ol...

Hope to see you, there, and at NAMM. All My Lovin, Olivia Anne

Bob -- Have a blast!! You have done extraordinary work in covering and reporting on NAMM and your efforts are truly appreciated and enjoyed!! Thank you -- in advance!

"So, if you have been wanting to learn a little bit about a particular product, or want to see some photos of something in particular, please post up something in this thread and I will do my best, as time permits, to check it out for you."

Please stop by the TV Jones booth to see what Tom is working on this year. Last year, I was smitten by the Telecaster pickups, as demoed in the now famous NAMM video. I'd love to see some dog ear, vintage style T-90s...

Nanci and I again have put together Imagine Something Yesterday--Take II for the Saturday before Winter NAMM. The line up just keeps Getting Better All the Time. Several Gretsch Endorsed Artists will perform including Gavin Leslie Pring and Joe Orlando with The Cryers. Laurence Juber, Denny Laine, and Steve Holley are back with us this year. There are just loads more fine performers.

If you will be near Anaheim or Los Angeles, we hope you will join us. Ticket sales end tomorrow. If you are coming to join us, please let me know, too. I'm going out on the 11th and will see Styx and The Fab Four before our event.

Here's the Facebook link to the event: https://www.facebook.com/Ol...

Hope to see you, there, and at NAMM. All My Lovin, Olivia Anne

– Olivia Anne

Hey Olivia,

What's up with you?

You like the Beatles or something? ;)

Much appreciated Bob,always look forward to Namm coverage!

Thanks Bob, and have fun!

Over the last few months, I've grown quite curious about the stage box format digital mixers whose mix/bus capabilities are done (usually) via tablet. My good friend got Behringer's X18 air and it is has been a blast using. Lots of great effects, good sound, and really easy to set your own monitor mixes. I'd be curious to see if any the big boys in the mixer world are offering up this year in this format.

The Winter NAMM Show is just around the corner, running from January 19 through 22 in Anaheim, California. I am planning on attending again this year and am quite looking forward to it.

I haven't seen a theme yet for the show, but I am sure that, whatever that theme may eventually be, there are likely to be a few guitars, basses, keyboards, drums, horns, amplifiers and PA systems at the show, along with tons and tons of assorted paraphanelia to entice us.

NAMM has announced that Richie Sambora and Orianthi will be performing on the outdoor stage, as well as Bernie Williams (the former Yankee star who is a classically trained guitarist), and Ronnie Spector and the Ronettes. Now that is quite an interesting lineup. And rumor has it that there will be other concerts that may be worth attending.

I will be trying my best to keep Proteus' seat warm for him until he returns to NAMM to offer us his exemplary coverage again. And, while I will naturally provide lots of coverage about all things Gretsch, I will also be roaming the convention floor looking for other things of interest, and which I hope will also interest you.

So, if you have been wanting to learn a little bit about a particular product, or want to see some photos of something in particular, please post up something in this thread and I will do my best, as time permits, to check it out for you.

And, if you are planning on attending the NAMM Show, let me know that by posting something to that effect in this thread so that I will know to keep my eye out for you. While the daytime hours are spent wandering the halls of the Show, evenings do afford considerable time to socialize and generally hang out.

I just can't quite wait to get down there!

– Ric12string

I'm at the Anahiem convention center all this week for our yearly company kickoff. Will fly back home Friday and then back to Anaheim next Friday for the show. I should have just stayed here all week...

Bob, I will be there on Friday afternoon (provided no emergencies come up at work). The Gretsch booth will be my first stop on the floor.

Lookin forward to seeing all y'all again this year!

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

Hey Tavo, Is the gal on the left the bass player in the Hot Rod Trio with Buddy Dughi? I see her all the time, she works at the Mission Viejo lake office.

BD, you are coming in on Friday?

– Ric12string

Yes, I get in around 10:40, pretty close to when Chuck is arriving.

I'm at the Anahiem convention center all this week for our yearly company kickoff. Will fly back home Friday and then back to Anaheim next Friday for the show. I should have just stayed here all week...

– Bonedaddy

So glad you will be joining all the fun. I was fearful that your move would mean you'd miss this year. Yeah!!

Yes, I get in around 10:40, pretty close to when Chuck is arriving.

– Bonedaddy

Do you mean Thursday?

Cool....and yes she rips on bass! They've played the lake a few times over the years. I think they opened for the B-52s IIRC. Looking forward to seeing them at NAMM!

One more opportunity to see Paul Pigat performing in a small clinic/concert environment, this year with Bobby Cochran, on Saturday the 21st from 2 to 4:30 in Santa Ana at the Beatnik Bandito, 417 N. Broadway. Tickets here -

https://tommyharkenridergui...

I'm afraid I'm going to miss it this year. For whatever reason I'm in repetitive death loop, am being told that I need to submit "more information" but my queries go unanswered. I've not had this problem in prior years.

Anyone got ability to request a pass via their connections/membership?

One more opportunity to see Paul Pigat performing in a small clinic/concert environment, this year with Bobby Cochran, on Saturday the 21st from 2 to 4:30 in Santa Ana at the Beatnik Bandito, 417 N. Broadway. Tickets here -

https://tommyharkenridergui...

– Grez

gonna be good!

I'm afraid I'm going to miss it this year. For whatever reason I'm in repetitive death loop, am being told that I need to submit "more information" but my queries go unanswered. I've not had this problem in prior years.

Anyone got ability to request a pass via their connections/membership?

– Curto

Curto, I think that most people encountered that same problem. If you complete that survey, at the end, there will be a phone number and an email at which you can seek assistance. Just send an email to the address and tell them that you have had difficulty completing your registration. I would make that email a reply from the one that NAMM sent you asking for the additional information. Within 24 hours, typically, most of us have received our bar code completing the registration process.

Curto, I think that most people encountered that same problem. If you complete that survey, at the end, there will be a phone number and an email at which you can seek assistance. Just send an email to the address and tell them that you have had difficulty completing your registration. I would make that email a reply from the one that NAMM sent you asking for the additional information. Within 24 hours, typically, most of us have received our bar code completing the registration process.

– Ric12string

I called the phone number and got a confirmation email (with bar code) within 2 minutes.

Register Sign in to join the conversation