Miscellaneous Rumbles

Take Me Out to the Ballgame - or - There’s No Crying In Baseball

It's a cheap date. -- Proteus

Wish that I could say the same. $22 tickets each, $11 parking, $19.25 for burger/fries and two waters. Hey! They have to send money up to the big league team, apparently.

(Our seats were a little closer to the action than where yours were, but, still...)

– Ric12string

That's still pretty cheap compared to AT&T Park. Last time I went, the nosebleed section (WAAAAY) above the third base line was going for near 40 bucks a pop, and twenty-five rows back of the on-deck circle along the first base line was $130 each. Just for tickets. But they seem to have been selling out every game for the last many years, so I guess you can't blame 'em.

I love those translucent shots taken in the late evening before the sun sets and the lights come on. That is a magical light...

That's still pretty cheap compared to AT&T Park. Last time I went, the nosebleed section (WAAAAY) above the third base line was going for near 40 bucks a pop, and twenty-five rows back of the on-deck circle along the first base line was $130 each. Just for tickets. But they seem to have been selling out every game for the last many years, so I guess you can't blame 'em.

– Parabar

I read the other day that a beer there costs $19. Ouch!

For what it's worth, Tim, we STILL HAVE the academy....

Strum, Mattingly point well taken, and agreed. I hereby bust Rolen’s royal rank down to prince.

I’m glad so many of us enjoy the traditional virtues of minor league (and “lower”) baseball. Free of the distorting forces of money and media, it seems like it’s where the heart of the game beats truest.

– Proteus

Was just kidding. No one who loves baseball could fail to respect Rolen's career. Great player by any measure.

Strum, Mattingly point well taken, and agreed. I hereby bust Rolen’s royal rank down to prince.

I’m glad so many of us enjoy the traditional virtues of minor league (and “lower”) baseball. Free of the distorting forces of money and media, it seems like it’s where the heart of the game beats truest.

– Proteus

Was just kidding. No one who loves baseball could fail to respect Rolen's career. Great player by any measure.

For what it's worth, Tim, we STILL HAVE the academy....

Excellent! I wasn't sure. And we still have Dave!

Nah, you're right, Strum. By virtue of time in the game and a longer overall career, Mattingly should be considered senior.

Great write up Proteus.

Baseball, the greatest Example of what I Love most about America.

Prot, if you and the missus want to mosey down to the Ville for more than AROTR, I've got 3rd row on the 3rd base line seats for the Bats, Cincinnati's AAA affiliate any time you're inclined. Love to have the company. And, to see yur face more than once a year, for sure.

Register Sign in to join the conversation