Miscellaneous Rumbles

Surgery tomorrow

Hope and pray for the best, Wade.

Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery!

Best of luck Wade...for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

So Wade, you've been out of surgery for awhile. How are you doing?

So Wade, you've been out of surgery for awhile. How are you doing?

– Don Birchett

Hi Don, it's been a rough time, it was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I made it through the surgery, and I am hurting pretty badly. There was a period when I was kind of freaking out, they just can't touch the pain. I'm a bit better today, I think each day forward will be an improvement. Thank you all for your kind words, I appreciate them.

Hang tough, Wade!

We're all pulling for you Wade. Hopefully each day will be better than the one before.

You have made it this far. Hopefully the rest gets better by the day. Good luck.

It'll be a struggle with the pain, Wade, but I'm glad to hear the surgery went well.

having just gone through surgery myself, I can feel your pain. and yep, everyday it does get better. hang in there, buddy. a month from now and you'll be feeling even better.

Guys, I'm still in the hospital. I'm doing my best to move forward, PT is excruciating but I keep pushing it, it's good for me. The food is a real joy toodoes anyone else like hospital food? The food here is passable, but barely!

Chin up, we're routing for ya!

So glad the surgery is behind you. Here's hoping things improve for you quickly.

Guys, I'm still in the hospital. I'm doing my best to move forward, PT is excruciating but I keep pushing it, it's good for me. The food is a real joy toodoes anyone else like hospital food? The food here is passable, but barely!

– Wade H

oh my you're bringing back many recent memories for me right now. ha ha ha

the VA Hospital food wasn't too bad, but the extended care place's food was very questionable. my wife and I started watching the posted menu for times when I was eating out. some of that food wasn't worth even trying to think about eating it.

hope that your hospital stay will soon be over.

– Wade H

That you’re complaining about the food is a good sign, Wade. It means there’s no brain damage from anesthesia.

Glad to hear the surgery is behind you, Wade. Each new day should be better than the one before.

Hope you have a good recovery Wade. I’m sure PT isn’t easy. The good news is that (I think) you’re not on a restricted diet, and can maybe order out.

Sorry to hear that you are seriously hurting. I hope that pain quickly diminishes.

I was lucky to have decent food when I was hospitalized earlier this year. You could order your own meals at that hospital, within dietary limits imposed by your situation (e.g. low-sodium, etc.), and at times of your choosing.

I talked with one of the surgeons this morning, one of the surgeons who was on the operating team. It's surprising just how many people they have in the operating rooms during one of these procedures. Anyway, this was one of the surgical interns, a very pleasant guy, who the higher ups had following me after the first day or two. They took me off of the push - button pain pump today, and started me on oral pain medication. My pain immediately got worse, but it is progress towards leaving.

I'm probably going home tomorrow, and be followed by a home based nurse and physical therapist. I'm looking forward to getting home, and back to my routine. I'm very hopeful that I will continue to recover this time, and keep on keep on getting better!

The smile is a good start!

Register Sign in to join the conversation