Miscellaneous Rumbles

Standing is much better…

Well, too many months have gone by to have stayed in a seated position while playing.

I now Stand as much as I can. I found myself getting hunched over so as to enjoy hearing everything coming off the guitar.

I bought a Body Bridge after having an Inversion See-Saw for many years. Both were necessary during the heavy Golfing decades. It's better and safer for those a bit more mature and less flexible. Great for stretching.

When I add my Sports Injuries on that right hip it's just too easy to slouch, bend my side all odd, etc. I have been working on posture, too. It's hard.

I've shrunk an inch over the years....no need to end up a curled fetal mess with a guitar hanging out the side.

I've had a few very good Chiropractors over the years, my guess now is that could really hurt me, but I know it would be an Endorphin rush for at least an hour.

Might be worth it.

Good for you, Twangmeisternyc, I'm glad you are working on getting better. My back is shot, I've had half of dozen back surgeries, and I have a hard time playing while standing for more than a half hour. I'm working on the same goal. Take it easy and build up to it, you'll get there and beyond !

I agree about sitting and getting hunched over. I always sit on a regular card table chair but have recently thought about getting a stool just to try a different position and see what it does for my back.

I bought this 12 years ago and HIGHLY recommend it:

They come in several configurations which you can check out here: https://www.soundseat.com/

Mine has a swivel seat, adjustable height, foot ring and foot rest plate, no arms. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny!

I have a reasonable padded, swivel, Bar Stool with a High Back and no arms, as well as a nice Ottoman, still too much time on my arse!

Time to be a "Stander".

They come in several configurations which you can check out here: https://www.soundseat.com/

Mine has a swivel seat, adjustable height, foot ring and foot rest plate, no arms. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny!

– senojnad

You get what you pay for and this chair looks like what I want although I am hoping to first find something cheaper to see if I like the higher position. Thanks for the site.

– senojnad

I have one of those types of chairs too. They're very good for going from sitting to standing very quickly. Mine doubles as a music chair and a chair for my workbench. I also highly recommend one of these types of chairs for for people with back problems. I'm a poster child for bad backs, and this chair was a game changer!

I found that chair that compliments my playing.

You get what you pay for and this chair looks like what I want although I am hoping to first find something cheaper to see if I like the higher position. Thanks for the site.

– Baba Joe

Joe -- I keep mine set at about 26"-27". However, it adjusts from 20" to 28". It has a "gas lift" -- you just lift a lever and the seat lifts itself until you release the lever.

I sit in something similar all day long at my parts desk. I have remained aware to keep my posture as much as possible. Standing is likely the better option. Lost an inch in height, eh? Likely from bending over all of those lovely peppers you've been growing.

I wish I could stand longer and walk farther. Arthritis in my back at the pelvis prevents it. I miss hiking and walking the dog. For playing, I've got one of those gas adjustable stools. I do try to keep my back straight as I notice myself hunching at times. Hunching adds it's own issues. Decades of being on my feet at work have taken their toll. Be sure to stretch often, change positions when able, and take care of yourselves.

I have WAY too many Hot Peppers this year. Currently enjoying a Tart Cherry Red Ripe Serrano Pumpkin Seed mole.

Having crouched down 2-3x/day to Harvest, it's the then Standing back up making me dizzy!

I grow Jalapeño peppers. I have a huge 'bush' that is actually four plants growing up together. I've been able to get five or six years out of my plants, if I can keep the frost off of them. I planted the 'bush' a year and a half ago, and this was my last falls crop. Right now they're simply covered in peppers and I should end up with triple or quadruple last year's amount. The fall crop is harvested in December here in the Phoenix area, right before the first frost.

Last falls all pickled up. This year should be at least twenty four jars.

I had a single Jalapeño plant a few years back. I still have some of those in my freezer at home. They turned out as hot as a Habeñero. I was showing Karolyn how I could eat one right off the plant and she fell out laughing when she saw the look on my face. Jalapeño's normally don't get that hot. I saw your post on the quarantine thread.

Back on the subject and speaking of hot things. I would love for my next chair to be one of those mesh type. The vinyl is too hot anymore.

My pickling is a lot simpler, small jar, 5% Apple Cider Vinegar, microwave - not ready for the Ball Jar investment...yet. Shelf Life more so a Refrigerator Pickle.

Currently thinking a "dryer" gadget might be worth a look. Powder mixes have me intrigued.

I'll smoke some with Cherry Wood chips using the Weber for other recipes, too.

EDIT:

My wife asked me to start Painting 20 years ago, too many lousy reasons why I didn't...GOOD FOR YOU!

Register Sign in to join the conversation