Miscellaneous Rumbles

Spreading Halloween Cheer. Show em if you made em

Coming home tonight, the new Coloma bridge was lined with Jack-o-lanterns. I knew that extra $million of tax dollars for a wide handrail would come in handy. Quite a sight.

What have you got?

Looking up river. This bridge crosses over the South Fork American river. During summer months this is a white water rafting mecca.

Back in New Jersey in the 60s smashing pumpkins was a big deal. There were competitions for who got the most. I was too chicken to actually do any of this, but liked watching.

Back in New Jersey in the 60s smashing pumpkins was a big deal. There were competitions for who got the most. I was too chicken to actually do any of this, but liked watching.

– DCBirdMan

Ah HA! I know you know who it was! I want NAMES!

We're new in a 55+ HOA Community. But, I still should have carved a Pumpkin and put out Candy and turned the Lights on...just to get a Violation Notice!

We call it Little Austria...

That's a nice Bridge tonight...very Fun.

We've got a town in Indiana that hoists a giant pumpkin (500 pounds plus) up into the air with a crane, then drops it to the parking lot below. Kids scramble for the chunks, tho I have no idea why. Starts off the Halloween season.

The idea I like is Punkin Chunkin---air cannons, trebuchets, etc. flinging gourds up to 4000 feet. Sheer craziness mixed with engineering!

Best use of pumpkins is my wife's homemade pie.

Weird part: We live in town and I haven't had trick or treaters in 6-7 years, aside from the grandkids. Their are still some neighborhoods that have kids out, but a lot of folks opt for "trunk or treat" at local churches and schools. Better lit, safer, less walking for the littlest ones, and a controlled atmosphere.

Tim, is that you?

Someone in Italy posted this on Facebook.

Looks like me. Gretsch orange with the skin flayed off and screaming in terror.

But no. Me no Italy.

Sadly, I play guitar about as well as I carve pumpkins.

This is one I carved a few years ago with an artificial pumpkin.

A couple more for people that like Broadway shows.

Looks like me. Gretsch orange with the skin flayed off and screaming in terror.

But no. Me no Italy.

– Proteus

Sorry. I thought you were using the front cover rather than the inside pic. Now I remember.

Same guy, different states of mind. I aspire to the gatefold groove.

Nonetheless, that’s some spectackilar carving. One suspects a sculptor at work...

Register Sign in to join the conversation