Miscellaneous Rumbles

Songs You Just Listen Over and Over Again

No matter how deep the blackness of my mood, if I listen to this on a loop I will feel okay, even happy. I love everything about this song, the guitar, and his mesmerizing to me vocals, except that it is an "obscure" or "deep cut" of George's because he was "forced" to leave it off of Somewhere in England. I finally got my copy of Songs of George Harrison, illustrated in watercolor by Ken West, and there it was on a CD tucked into the pocket. if you want it on a loop, I will give you both options. (Here's the Repeater option for YouTube:

https://www.youtuberepeater... )

These just move me for whatever reason. 1. Running from Mercy by Rickie Lee Jones 2.Compared to What by Eddie Harris and Les Mccann 3.The Monkey Speaks His Mind by Andre Williams

This song. Not just the video but the song on CD or way back when on record. Of course this video is great because Jennifer Connelly looks so beautiful.

I love the melody, the guitar, synth, effects, and rhythm. The whole thing I listened to over and over again and still do but not as much. Never grow tired of it.

Whenever I start a new cover tune, I binge listen to it until I'm finished recording the cover. The last one completed was my version of Chris Isaak's "Blue Hotel" (came out sounding really good). The current work-in-progress is based on Ashley Campbell's (Glen's daughter) version of this Townes Van Zandt tune.

– beatbyrd

Thanks, I had not heard this version. The original by Van Zandt is one of my favorite songs to play acoustic and solo. The original has always felt very personal to me for some reason. Then of course there is the cover by Willie and Merle, a complete gem. Love to hear your version when its done.

Charlie Feathers "Can't Hardly Stand It" ...just the most dangerous sounding riff I ever heard. "I'm Shakin'" by Little Willie John...such a great vocal.

...and whenever I put on "Nothin' But A Heartache" by The Flirtations I have to listen to it several times in row. That song always picks me up!

The Smiths There is a Light That Never Goes Out is one for me, This Night has Opened My Eyes is another. And this:

Margaritaville, among others.

I seem to listen to this over and over again. I love the studio version but I love the acoustic version that Andy Farriss does here for some Australian TV interview show -

Register Sign in to join the conversation