Miscellaneous Rumbles

Songs To Listen To During This Coronavirus Outbreak

I know there are a couple of discussions on the Coronavirus but this is a different one. There is a thread on what are you listening to but here I ask what are you listening to that you feel is a bit peaceful and takes your mind off this crisis?

I don't think the new wave and synth stuff of the late '70s and '80s is a popular form of music here but oddly enough I listen to it as well as Doo Wop and Rockabilly, surf and instro as well as rock. I have a strange variety of music I like.

Well this song I love listening to and watching the video of the two main members of OMD drive around the English countryside in a Karmann Ghias is very peaceful and takes my mind of the chaos going on with this virus. So what songs are taking your mind off this virus?

Recorded outside, listen to the birds.

I rely on Ronnie Lane to get me through life's ups and downs.

I know there are a couple of discussions on the Coronavirus but this is a different one. There is a thread on what are you listening to but here I ask what are you listening to that you feel is a bit peaceful and takes your mind off this crisis?

I don't think the new wave and synth stuff of the late '70s and '80s is a popular form of music here but oddly enough I listen to it as well as Doo Wop and Rockabilly, surf and instro as well as rock. I have a strange variety of music I like.

Well this song I love listening to and watching the video of the two main members of OMD drive around the English countryside in a Karmann Ghias is very peaceful and takes my mind of the chaos going on with this virus. So what songs are taking your mind off this virus?

– ThePolecats

OMD- Souvenir Excellent choice!

This is my favourite mood altering song ever.

Neil Diamond, who retired a little while ago when he was diagnosed with Parkinsons, has come up with a parody of one of his own songs, which Karen immediately fell in love with.

At first, I did wonder if it was really him, but listen closely- the voice is still there.

My favorite singer songwriter is David Willcox, from Ashville NC. This is a song of hope, and has always moved me. "Three Brothers" is a prayer for peace, you will quickly recognize who the Three Brothers are, and I believe that with this viral scrurge, we may have found that peace, at least for a time.

This song absolutely WRECKS me every time I hear it.

Here is an English translation --- hope you enjoy!

Everything that moves is sacred
And remove the mountains
Very carefully
My dear
While the flame is burning
To see you passing by everyday
Everything to live by your side
With the promise
of the blue paint
that will last a long time

A bee producing honey
It's worth the time that she didn't fly
The star fell from the sky
The wish that was thought
The fate that was fulfilled
Of feeling your warmth
And be complete
Everyday is to be lived
To be whatever
And be everything

Yes, every love is sacred
and the result of the work
is more than sacred
My dear
The dough that makes the bread
It's worth the glow of your sweat
Remember that sleeping is sacred
And it feeds with horizons
The woken time to be lived

Protect you during winter
Go out fishing during summer
Knowing you during autumn
Love you in spring
Melt myself in the dry
so in the rain I can dance and walk together
The fate that was fulfilled
Of feeling your warmth and be complete

Yes, every love is sacred
Yes

Man I guess I had the wrong idea altogether.

I thought of "Wooden Ships," "The End of the World As We Know It," and "My Corona."

This albums never fails to make me feel home. The Cardigans - Long gone before daylight.

No bad song on it. Here's one:

That album Sascha.....it's such a beauty.

That album Sascha.....it's such a beauty.

– ade

Man I guess I had the wrong idea altogether.

I thought of "Wooden Ships," "The End of the World As We Know It," and "My Corona."

– Proteus

This could be a whole 'nother thread. To which I'd add the Police's "When The World Is Running Down (You Make The Best Of What's Still Around)," Tower of Power's "Soul Vaccination," Simon and Garfunkel's "I Am A Rock" and probably a few more when I think of them.

I have a range - for remembering great, great times in my youth:

For when I just want to hear the best voice to ever have sung a sad song:

For when I want to drink whiskey and feel sorry for myself

for floating away in beautiful sounds

Register Sign in to join the conversation