Miscellaneous Rumbles

So He Loaded Up The Truck And Moved To . . .

Denver!"

Shannon received a job offer out there after considerable looking in DC and several other places nationwide. Both of our DC gigs tanked about a year in. DC was a noble experiment and quite an adventure . . . we ended up liking it way more than either of us expected. But now it's time to get back to a more chill environment (not a 420 reference) w/ serious mountains and backpacking nearby. We both miss the Pacific Northwest, so we figure this is a sufficient substitute with a bit more sun.

"I'm so glad we had this time together, just to have a laugh and sing a song . . ."

Sounds like fun! Hope you like your new digs.

Always an adventure! All the best.

Sounds like fun! Hope you like your new digs.

– Suprdave

By all advanced reports (Shannon did some recon last week and found us place), it should be a good fit.

Now I have to figure out what to do musically . . . I think I want to do my own thing again, after spending the last 18 months in a cover band. We'll see. I just need to stay open to the possibilities and see what come through my transom.

Hope ya had fun around here -- I'm not going anywhere (too old)

Congratulations on finding your way back west again, Andy. I wish you a safe move.

I would say keep all of your musical options open once you get to Denver. There are undoubtedly a lot of clubs in Denver, and certainly some up in the direction of Boulder/Louisville near CU. You may need to wear some spurs and chaps, but you'll be playing! I find a greater energy in playing music with other people rather than as a single. However, I still do play an occasional gig as a single. Just see what comes your way.

Good luck on your move, Andy!

Congratulations on finding your way back west again, Andy. I wish you a safe move.

I would say keep all of your musical options open once you get to Denver. There are undoubtedly a lot of clubs in Denver, and certainly some up in the direction of Boulder/Louisville near CU. You may need to wear some spurs and chaps, but you'll be playing! I find a greater energy in playing music with other people rather than as a single. However, I still do play an occasional gig as a single. Just see what comes your way.

– Ric12string

Thanks, Bob! I am hardly a solo act, so I likes some people around me. If I can find a good (or good enough) lead guy to team up with that would be a good start . . . working up to a four-piece is my goal. I have 25 or so giggable originals for a base, and I'll fill in beteeen the blanks with some tried and true covers in my bag of tricks. I need to start writing again, though.

I lived just outside of Denver for three years back in the late 90s. Love that town! Best of luck with the move!

I lived just outside of Denver for three years back in the late 90s. Love that town! Best of luck with the move!

– Wheelgrinder

I know it's been a while (a long while), but any insights into the local music scene?

My brother lived in Conifer. I was stationed at Lowry AFB back in '69 and would've liked to have spent more time there. I like the area, and the mountains. Been to a few shows at Red Rocks---one of the best places ever to see/hear a band.

My brother lived in Conifer. I was stationed at Lowry AFB back in '69 and would've liked to have spent more time there. I like the area, and the mountains. Been to a few shows at Red Rocks---one of the best places ever to see/hear a band.

– wabash slim

We already have tickets to a show at Red Rocks . . .

Forget Red Rocks, the real attraction is Casa Bonita! I presume you'll be eating there seven days a week.

I grew up outside DC but I've been in Colorado for 40+ years, and in the hills west of Denver for 6 years.

Welcome, brother.

@afire: Thanks for the tip!

@dlaf_2: Looking forward it!

i wanna come out to visit after your settled. i worked in denver on that shit show they call an airport. loved that town!

Register Sign in to join the conversation