Miscellaneous Rumbles

Snow this Afternoon and Freezing Overnight temps, but it’s Summer?

Snow on the Mt. Rose Highway, forecast is below freezing tonight in Truckee.

September 10th, 2019

Just goes to show you.

Probably a good thing the site of the NorCal RoundUp has moved.

Meanwhile, middle Tennessee is swamped with an early-August style heatwave... daytime temps in the 90's with high humidity.

Sure hope it cools off a bit before the Roundup.

We're looking at a heat wave here in Hoosierland as well. 90F+ into next week, and no rain.

Snow on the Mt. Rose Highway, forecast is below freezing tonight in Truckee.

September 10th, 2019

– Twangmeisternyc

I know this isn't a big surprise to you folks in the Truckee area but that doesn't make the thought of early snow any less obnoxious, especially when other parts of the country are in full-on summer mode with storms, heat and humidity; not that those conditions are preferable.

Here in North East PA it's hitting the 80's tomorrow. Go figure.

I was hiking up on Mt Shasta today with my wife and we encountered a hail storm. It was fun but not too unexpected at elevation.

The local TV News had a field day with the weather video.

I guess in the course of an hour it rained, hailed, sleeted, then freezing rain, ... then the snow.

The local TV News had a field day with the weather video.

I guess in the course of an hour it rained, hailed, sleeted, then freezing rain, ... then the snow.

– Twangmeisternyc

That’s a normal day in Chicago.

We must be an anomaly here in NE Kansas. High today was in the low 80s, some rain. By Sunday the forecast is 92 and partly sunny. Yeah, it's still summer here.

Snow @ 7000 ft. all the way around me from a windy, mid-day front passing through...

Preparations for a new Ice Age underway...

Hopefully, it helped put out the Walker Fire...

Glad the storm held off a day, would have been a tough journey back from the RoundUp as 20+ miles are well over 7000 ft.

https://weather.com/news/ne...

Register Sign in to join the conversation