Miscellaneous Rumbles

Size matters.

My wife picked up some locally grown carrots. Never before have I seen any of this size.

Those are impressive. Years ago when I was living in the country just outside Thunder Bay, Ontario, my neighbor had a wonderful garden with soft black loam for soil. Everything he grew was considerably oversized and he had carrots like these.

He grew far too much for him and his wife as well as me & my girlfriend. Throughout the summer we had fresh veggies from his garden to go with the daily speckled/brook trout I'd catch. Washed down with some lovely wine, every supper was heavenly!

My first impression was Wow - that's a small bottle of ouzo!

Fun fact - (but I may have mentioned this before) carrots do not appear in nature as orange. Historically carrots have been red, yellow, dark blue or white. The orange carrots we know today were specially bred for William of Orange in the Netherlands.

Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites!

[ac market](https://www-acmarket.com/)

My first impression was Wow - that's a small bottle of ouzo!

I thought the same thing! Those are some heafty carrots!

But how do they taste?

– Parabar

Sad thing is that carrots aren't really too good for rabbits.

But how do they taste?

– Mark G

We sliced one paper thin and kids devoured them as if they were potato chips. I'll be using the other one in a stew this weekend.

"We sliced one paper thin and kids devoured them as if they were potato chips."

What a great idea! Why have I never thought of that?

I like to lightly steam them, then add a splash of raspberry vinegar. Yum!

Register Sign in to join the conversation