Miscellaneous Rumbles

Looking for fun tune to add to your repertoire?

In answer to several threads posted over the past couple of years, soliciting suggestions for tunes to add to your repertoire, may I suggest this highly irreverent British offering, Sir Reginald's Marvellous Organ.

It's not really a show without a organ performance somewhere in the middle. Good call and heads up all you lead guitarists. No noodling!

Ha! Love it. Reminds me a bit of this Monty Python gem.

Did Benny Bell write that, too?

That was great!

Thanks, Dave! I'm a keyboard player primarily, and I highly approve of this!

Thanks, Dave! I'm a keyboard player primarily, and I highly approve of this!

– wabash slim

A keyboard player, eh? With the array of effects you can get on an electric keyboard you can dial up the bagpipes and serenade yourself to your heart's content. Bagpipe lullabies, polkas, jigs.....no end to what you could come up with. A word of caution though, if there's others in the house, hide any guns and all sharp instruments before you fire up any bagpipe medleys!

Thankfully, I don't have an accordion(i.e., Polish bagpipes), but I do have an old Estey folding pump organ that's about as close as you'll get. Bagpipes often sound like someone is dong unmentionable things to a goose.

Thankfully, I don't have an accordion(i.e., Polish bagpipes), but I do have an old Estey folding pump organ that's about as close as you'll get. Bagpipes often sound like someone is dong unmentionable things to a goose.

– wabash slim

That's as good an expression for the sounds emanating from bagpipes as I've heard. The only change I might make to your statement is ....to a gaggle of geese.

I'm going to go play with my organ right now!

Register Sign in to join the conversation