Miscellaneous Rumbles

Sad News - We Lost One of Our Own

I received word from a mutual friend that Brian Burgess (Brian66) passed away recently.

I don’t have any details but I’ll see what I can find out. Apparently, he had been ill for a while.

Anyone that met him knows that Brian was a really kind and fun guy. It was an honor playing surf music with him in our Balt-Wash DC Roundups.

Here’s to you, Brian!

thanks for letting us know. RIP Brian.

Such sad news.

Brian let me use his tan Annie at the 2017 Balto-DC Roundup to play some Beatles tunes as I’d travelled from Australia without a guitar to join in on the fun. I really enjoyed it and got my Annie from Rocky on my way home.

My thoughts to all close to him.

Sad news at any time of the year, but more so right now.

RIP, Brian

Very sad news indeed, my condolences to his friends and family.

My condolences,RIP Brian.

My prayers go out to his loved ones.

Very sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to all of Brian's friends and family.

What a shock! RIP Brian. Thanks for letting us know, Steve.

I did not know Brian personally, but I enjoyed his presence here on the GDP.

This is incredibly sad; only a year older than me.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Details here:

https://www.fredericksburg....

He and NJBob met here at my house two years ago for a trade summit.

Gob bless the family and friends of Brian. It's never a "good" time to lose someone, but during the holidays makes it even worse, I think. Godspeed, Brian.

Oh my God, that is horrible news. Met him at the Balto-DC Roundup's, he was very pleasant guy and great to talk to. He mentioned to me trying to make it up to the GWN Roundup some year. Wow this is horrible. Peace be with you Brian

Sad news. My condolences to his family. R.I.P., Brian.

This is very sad news indeed. My condolences to Brian’s family and friends.

Rest in eternal peace Brian, and thanks for your contributions here.

Very sad. I met Brian at one of our Nashville Roundups. Veteran and all around great guy. He won the prize guitar that year. We were all so pleased for him.

Rest in peace sir. My condolences to those that were close to him.

What a shame. We met at a couple of roundups. The first time we met he let me play his Black Rose Tennessean and was always a friendly guy offering a spin on his guitars. Condolences to his family.

Very sad news..... Rest In Peace, Brian, and condolences to family and loved ones.

Too young, too soon. Brian was a first-class individual in every way - kind, humble and soft-spoken, earnest and sincere, interested in others and fair in his dealings with them, confident and quietly determined in pursuit of his interests, and especially devoted to his family.

I don't think any of us even knew he was ill, so of course this comes out of the blue.

Don't seem fair, does it?

My condolences to Brian's family.

RIP Brian. Thoughts and prayers to all the family.

Thanks for your dedicated service to our great Country. It's greatly appreciated.

It's never easy losing one of our own. I'm very saddened by the news, and for the loss felt by so many of our GDP community, and all of the others in Brian's life.

RIP Brian Burgess (Brian66).

Register Sign in to join the conversation