Miscellaneous Rumbles

RIP R. Lee Ermey

Former Veteran and actor R.Lee Ermey has passed at the age of 74 from pneumonia. RIP Lee. Semper Fi

Good night Gunny, wherever you are. Semper Fidelis.

Semper Fi, Guuny.

He had acted in over 60 movies after the Corps.

He was a great spokesman for the Marines. Bear loved him and often asked me if the opening scene from "Full Metal Jacket" was what boot camp was really like.

We Marines have lost a brother today. Devil dogs, raise a glass and salute another guardian of heavens streets.

May he rest in peace. I enjoyed his work in film and very grateful for his service to our country.

Too sad. Really enjoyed his acting and other projects. He was funny when not serious.

He was just outstanding. I can listen to him go in FMJ again and again. He could go.

OoRah.

Pretty funny skit with R Lee at the end

He was the real deal. First time I saw him was in the film The Boys In Company C. Saw him in some other films where he didn't play Marines or military men and he was always good. The guy had great charisma and presence. Rest in peace Gunny.

He was the real deal. First time I saw him was in the film The Boys In Company C. Saw him in some other films where he didn't play Marines or military men and he was always good. The guy had great charisma and presence. Rest in peace Gunny.

– Gretschadelphia

I was kid when Company C came out. Saw it and instantly loved it. That’s an awesome movie. R Lee of course shined in it.

Hope they've got their brightwork polished up there, ready for inspection.

RIP Gunny.

For anyone that was in The Marines, The Gunny brought True authenticity to the Full Metal Jacket "Boot Camp" scenes. You can say we all had a slight connection with the Man because we were able to re-live a small part of our lives thru him in those movie Scenes. His D.I. scenes would make the baddest Marines Lock up in fear.

A great representative for The Marines the Gunny will be missed and remembered by many Marines and Civilians alike for his great acting and down home persona .

R.I.P. Gunny! and OOORAAH!

Register Sign in to join the conversation