Miscellaneous Rumbles

WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!! “THE BOOK” is listed for pre-order on Amazon

I was just doing my morning email and getting some things fixed with my editor and noticed one of my guitar playing buds posted on facebook that Amazon is taking pre-orders on my book about Paul Yandell.

I haven't even seen a physical book yet. Next couple of days will get me a final chance to tweak the layout and then I guess we're off and running.

You folks cannot imaging how I feel about seeing this thing actually take wing finally...

love you all madly ♥

Congratulations!!! This is indeed a very cool step for you and all of us who are waiting.

Thanks for doing this and all the hard work. Just finished ordering it from Amazon Canada!
Doug

My copy is pre-ordered! Amazon (USA) shows Aug. 28 as THE date!

Congratulations, Norm! I look forward to your book!

Too bad it isn't a Gretsch in that cover shot, but we can't have everything, right?

Ric you are just too cool, and a master at overstating the obvious. ( must be some kind of lawyer thing) You are, as in this case most often right. It is good to watch a person on the pages achieve such a lofty goal. Ric at the moment you make me chuckle and Norm makes me proud.

Working with these people had its moments

Chet once said he didn't really like the orange they picked out for his original 6120 but didn't want to say anything. I figured they had their "cover designers" that picked what they used for their own reasons

It was kinda like that.

Gretsch definitely dominates the pages once you actually read the book, never fear. Paul favored Gretsch guitars until he died

Ordered! So happy and proud to see Norm's dream coming to fruition.

Just pre-ordered mine too! Can't wait!

Can we order an autographed copy directly from you?

If not, may I suggest that you get some labels that you can sign and send to people to have them placed in your book. Have them send a SASE and that way you're not out postage.

Just a suggestion and I am looking forward to the book Norm. May it make you rich. Or maybe make enough for a new guitar. Or a new amp. Or at least a new set of strings or two.

I don't want to/can't get into the hassle of direct sales. I have COPD and the logistics of it all would be just too much. Not sure a label would be sufficient.

open to suggestions.

Why don't we wait to see how it goes over first? It may just crash and burn. I worked hard on it trying to make it seem like Paul was taking an active part in the writing and it is woven with some of my own strong opinions about things like Bigsby's etc.

It may be big in yard/garage sales or clearance section of the bookstore

gratifying, though, to know that it is actually "in the mail"

Congrats Norm, I need to get mine ordered!

Congratulations! It must be gratifying after all your hard work.

congratulations, Norm !!!

glad to hear that the ball is rolling.

That's great Norm! Super congratulations!

Looking forward to it Sir!

I immediately peppered my publishing contact and she (in a nice way) told me to calm down and give her time to answer my question about availability. I keep forgetting that she probably has several book projects she's working on at the same time all like a bunch of hungry nestlings all demanding to get fed at the same time.

She did say this (part of her email):

"... Your book is indeed in stock. I hadn’t had a chance to check it’s status yet (I was away Monday and Tuesday.) I’m so pleased Marie will have the books for CAAS. That’s terrific. I knew there was a possibility, but didn’t want to promise and risk disappointment. It will take a little longer for people who ordered through Amazon or another retailer, but yes, books shipping from Schiffer should arrive soon..."

As for the Yandell's sales at CAAS... I have a feeling a lot of folks will pick one up, smile, maybe glance at a few page and put it back saying they have pre-ordered it.

But at least they are in country and on the move!

Register Sign in to join the conversation