Miscellaneous Rumbles

RIP Martin Landau

Martin Landau passed away yesterday. Loved him in Mission:Impossible. RIP Martin.

I know Woody Allen films are hard to stomach after Allen's Sun-Yi business, but his film CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS is one of the great films of our time. And made great because of Martin Landau's starring role.

And if you remember, Martin was a terrific baddy in Hitchcock's NORTH BY NORTHWEST:

Space 1999 as well. He had a 60+ year career. RIP.

I grew up watching Mission Impossible and from that developed a great admiration for his acting. He had a full life, however, living until 89.

RIP, Martin.

Loved Martin Landau in just about everything I've ever seen him do.

But my absolute favorite Landau role was his portrayal of Bela Lugosi in "Ed Wood"

He played an aging Lugosi to the hilt.

Ed Wood - best thing Tim Burton ever did. Great film.

Agree with Spititwalker that Crimes and Misdemeanors is one of the great films. And woody is one o the greatest filmmakers of all time . No stomach trouble for me

RIP Sir.

I grew up watching Space 1999.

mission impossible (with wife barbara bain)

woodys crimes & m

ed woods bela- he rocked it!!!!

a great...maybe not a keith.. but a mick taylor..haha

rip ml

More sad news -- I was a HUGE Mission Impossible follower and enjoyed his work in Ed Woods (and most of his other work),

Rest In Peace sir.

My favorite Martin Landau character is Abe Petrovsky from the 1998 movie Rounders. I swear that man made me forget I was watching a movie for a couple of minutes.

Loved his scene in "Tucker" as he explains to Jeff Bridges that he "caught his dreams".

Register Sign in to join the conversation