Miscellaneous Rumbles

RIP Len Wein

Prolific comic book writer Len Wein (Co-creator of Swamp Thing and Wolverine) passed away last Sunday. RIP Len.

Sad to hear. Love those comics.

Not many comic book junkies on here besides you and me, Twom. Some folks might know of Stan Lee, and a few more might know of Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko or perhaps even Will Eisner, but outside of that, not much recognition outside the hobby.

So along with Berni Wrightson passing a couple months back that's both of the Swamp-Thing creators gone in the same year...RIP, Len.

I used to be more plugged in to that world than I am these days. Met and hung around with John Byrne (Marvel) back in the early 1970's when he was based out of Calgary.

Other than that, all I know about current comics is what I learned on the Big Bang Theory.

I used to be more plugged in to that world than I am these days. Met and hung around with John Byrne (Marvel) back in the early 1970's when he was based out of Calgary.

Other than that, all I know about current comics is what I learned on the Big Bang Theory.

– Kevin Frye

Well, I don't exactly follow "current comics". I'm more of a gold/silver/bronze age guy. But I still actively collect... just not the newer stuff.

Huge golden, silver, and modern adult comics, including Heavy Metal fan here.

I haven't collected in years, and have actually sold off most of my collection, but still am a fan and follower of Bob Burden(of Flaming Carrot fame) and David Boswell(Reid Fleming, World's Toughest Milkman).

I was lucky enough to have four uncles who were considerably older than me that read comics, then tossed them on the floor. I used to go up to their room and get lost in them, finally asking if I could have a few. They saw this as an opportunity to get their rooms cleaned, so they told me to take them all!

Register Sign in to join the conversation