Miscellaneous Rumbles

RIP Garry Schandling

Garry Schandling died today at only 66.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/...

Groundbreaking comedian with It's the Garry Schandling Show (breaking the fourth wall) and The Larry Sanders Show (forerunner of Stephen Colbert and others.)

Aw, bummer! RIP Gary!

wow.. I was just watching he and Seinfield on Comedians getting coffee (crackle production, its awesome)

Goodbye Gary, you are forever immortalized in one of our family favorite movies "Mixed Nuts" as Stanley Tannenbaum

Very funny guy. That is sad news.
Tavo- Had just seen that episode recently. That show is great! Some very funny episodes and some very cool cars!

The irony and hilarity mixed with such sadness...we also just watched Jerry Seinfeld getting destroyed at Garry's observations on life.

Kvetch-O-Meter ding! I'll be using that and always think of Garry Shandling.

Sad. Someone my age, and with the same name, dying is a bit unsettling.

Your name is Slim Shandling?!

Thanks for the chuckle, Deed. No, I'm Gary---a name that's getting rarer.

My slimness is getting rare as well.

Garry Shandling died? Aw maaann! I always thought he was great comedian, and I used to watch "The Garry Shandling Show."

R.I.P. Garry.

Way to young to go. RIP Garry.

I'm a bit late to this but I have to say that I am a Garry Shandling fan. The guy was just a naturally funny guy. When his show It's The Garry Shandling Show came on the air back in the late '80s, I think maybe 87 I was addicted. It was a laugh a minute. I love Seinfeld too, that was a great show and he's a great comedian too I have to say that Garry Shandling out does him. Remember the character Leonard Smith? I liken him to Newman on Seinfeld. I think it's obvious Jerry Seinfeld got the idea for Newman from the character Leonard Smith on It's The Garry Shandling Show.

Little story. Back when It's The Garry Shandling Show was on the air, the local cable company was pushing the show and at the office where I paid the bill (long before online payment or internet) they had these promo cards of the show so I got one and cut out his image and pasted it in front a photo of the graduating high school class. This was about 1987 or 1988 and I still have it up here to this day.

I recommend the 5 hour The Zen Diaries of Garry Shandling.

I’m going to rewatch Larry Saunders soon.

I wonder if he and Tom Petty are neighbors once again.RIP.

I wonder if he and Tom Petty are neighbors once again.RIP.

– Opie

Did you see that interview?

Wonderful how relaxed they both were around each other, and so cool that they were close neighbors.

Yes I did.I knew someone would pick up on it. For them that ain't.Link

Register Sign in to join the conversation