Miscellaneous Rumbles

RIP Dame Diana Rigg…

...but Mrs. Peel lives forever. And no doubt you've often wondered how she got her name. As the very popular Honor Blackman exited the Avengers to be Pussy Galore, the producers needed a replacement and the memos noted that the new woman had to have more "man appeal" which got shortened to "m. appeal" thus Emma Peel.

She was one of my earliest T.V. crushes. R.I.P.

I really liked her in the Avengers; watched every episode. Her driving that sweet Lotus suited her persona. She had a very 'silkiness' to the way she moved that was a very appealing part of her personality. RIP.

And did she ever rock the black catsuit! Rrrrowrr!

She was also very briefly married to James Bond (in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" with the regrettable George Lazenby). Spoiler Alert: She was murdered within minutes of the wedding.

And she was brilliant at Shakespeare, verily.

I always felt like The Avengers was more of an aesthetic than a narrative, and the leather catsuit overwhelmed any acting she may have done inside of it. But by golly she was spectacular in Game Of Thrones.

– Suprdave

Same here.

I dare say; for so many of a generation, it was Diana Rigg and/or Julie Newmar.

I was an Avengers fan, even as a kid. I still love the theme music.

Someone put this video together a few years ago as a tribute to Emma Peel. It still makes me smile.

She was the best.

– Suprdave

mine too!

Likwise! Her and that white Lotus...... RIP, Lady Diana

– Suprdave

Yep! I think that goes for a bunch of us. Ms. Peel drove a cool Lotus Elan too !

RIP, Dame Rigg.

I think I fell in love with her during the first season (episode 1?) of The Avengers. I still may be there..............

Rest In Peace, Ms. Rigg.

Cool fact about the name Emma Peel. R.I.P.

Register Sign in to join the conversation