Miscellaneous Rumbles

Ric12 in Truckee

Be safe, looks like the next full week is going to be challenge...

Truckee, famous for the Donner Party.

(Lord, I apologize.)

– drmilktruck

You laugh. In retirement, I'm going to open a Donner Party themed restaurant at the pass.

We'll only serve finger food.

Ha!

12th Day of Christmas...Holidays over...Santa picking up the tab...

Beginning Monday, the weather forecasters are predicting eleven out of twelve consecutive days of snow and snow showers.

Just delightful. I hope to hell that this ends the California drouth. We do need the water in our lakes and reservoirs come summer time. But, do we have to get all of this snowfall at one time to accomplish that? Can't we break things up a bit?

That's what we're talking about...beautiful, Hermitt! Cute doggie.

– Deed Eddy

That is my infamous shih-tzu Rango who is now 4 years old.

You have lived there for over five years now, Bobby, and you haven't managed to make your local town move the road closer to your front door? That looks like a lot of snow blowing to me. Hopefully, you have a blade on the front of a pickup truck to move that snow.

– Ric12string

just a craftsman walk behind 26". the driveway is 200 feet long plus parking areas. At least it's flat for the most part!

He sometimes kinda looks like bumbles from rudolph.....

At least you're used to snow. Imagine how the folks in the south and south east are going to cope with up to a foot of it in places.

No lie, I had ancestors in the Donner Party. The ones who made it. You know what that means. But it may explain why I'm such a carnivore.

We finally got some much needed rain down here,,,and people are losing their minds.

I love it when Tejon Pass gets 1/4" of snow and CHP closes down the Grapevine. SoCal panic at its best!

Hey Manny. Hope you had a great holiday.

At least all this snow is good for something, like a backyard kicker. The start, if it isn't obvious, is off the roof!

At least all this snow is good for something, like a backyard kicker. The start, if it isn't obvious, is off the roof!

– Powdog

What? You have snow at your house? That seems really low for much snow. I know Auburn occasionally gets snow.

Right now, Mother Nature is dropping lots of rain on our snow, washing some of it away and saturating what is left with lots of water content. Then, when temperatures drop, all that water will turn to ice, and then there will be snowfall on top of that, making driving and even walking pretty treacherous.

We are bracing for when these big storms off the coast make landfall and begin to dump on the coastal counties. Forecasts are for severe flood risks, not only here but also down river in Reno, Nevada. River levels will not have been this high for the last twenty years.

This next week is going to be a doozy.

Not my place. This is at my kid's place in Reno. Thank goodness! If it were my house, I'd have to make that drop off the roof.

Not my place. This is at my kid's place in Reno. Thank goodness! If it were my house, I'd have to make that drop off the roof.

– Powdog

Yep, they got snow last night and will get hit by the same storms that will try to bury us this next week.

I have been chatting up my contacts over the hills in the CV.

All of you be safe.

Nobody knows what the storm will do...Nobody knows!

(One of my favorite new expressions spoken quickly like our "Too Many Notes" bit several months ago).

Some have already started discounting what others have only warned...Sells "nickel clicks", my 10yr. old expression for "clickbait".

I cross over two forks of the American River on my drive home. Expecting epic water levels. It came over the top of one bridge last time conditions were like this.

I cross over two forks of the American River on my drive home. Expecting epic water levels. It came over the top of one bridge last time conditions were like this.

– Powdog

Be safe, Ethan.

I have been chatting up my contacts over the hills in the CV.

All of you be safe.

Nobody knows what the storm will do...Nobody knows!

(One of my favorite new expressions spoken quickly like our "Too Many Notes" bit several months ago).

Some have already started discounting what others have only warned...Sells "nickel clicks", my 10yr. old expression for "clickbait".

– Twangmeisternyc

Huh? I must have missed something along the way.

Maybe so...

News on the CV side suggesting snow pack is less than the last flood...a little self-serving.

Be sure to check back and often!!!

We get 5¢ every time you do!

I've been around too many floods...

Who gets 5 cents per click? CV is Carson Valley, I assume. This is all a bit confusing, Mr Meister, but we sure do know that this will cause some havoc in the mountains, Reno, and Carson areas. Lots of dear friends out there still, and hope all will be ok.

Chiropractors love this weather.

Sorry to be confusing...

Internet Websites had a saying years ago... "5¢ a click". Every one attracted left Advertiser's money based on Page Views.

"ClickBait" is apparently the Millennial jargon these days...

In any case, News or Headlines that deemphasizes the risk concern me...However scientific.

All those folks in Eastern NC thought Matthew was somebody else's storm...

Bob, just heard on the evening news, that y'all are in for some more snow. stay safe, buddy.

Register Sign in to join the conversation