Miscellaneous Rumbles

Railbiking looks like fun

As long as you can pedal faster than a bear or your buddies.

All the unused tracks around here have been converted to hiking and biking trails. It's given the muggers and murderers new territories. Railbiking looks like it'd be enjoyable, tho, out enjoying nature and scenery and stuff.

I don’t know about those trestles. Loose you’re center of gravity a little to the right and over you go.

It's all fun and games until you hear that horn when you're on the middle of that bridge.

Looks like a nice, relaxed way to travel through nature but what's the extreme part?

i love trail riding, but i'd be scared poopless of falling off that trestle.

Might be a good time but nope, not gonna do it.

It's all fun and games until you hear that horn when you're on the middle of that bridge.

– Ger (aka Ratrod)

These are all unused tracks, so the horn might be Kenny G coming from the other direction. If that happened, you'd need to do something like this:

Now that looks like fun! I agree with others, that old wooden trestle bridge looks frightening. I've walked across much shorter trestles, but nothing like that one.

I also noticed that the tunnel showed a lot of cave ins that had to be cleared. I used to go deep underground into old abandoned mines, and would see cave in evidence, that hadn't been there the first time I went in, it kind of made us think that what we were doing was maybe dangerous!

J Graham Oates, a famous Ariel rider who rode from the Maritimes to the Pacific in the days before most roads were built.

Register Sign in to join the conversation