Miscellaneous Rumbles

Quarantine Boredom-Induced Gretsch Guitar Art-Picture Thread

You know you have 'em. Let's see 'em.

Jets in flying wedge formation, September 14, 2019, at 12th annual NorCal Gold Rush Roundup.

Certification thereof, suitable for framing.

Perhaps not exactly...

what the thread has in mind, but the time-stamp tells me I worked this up in 2010 to reflect a certain arch meditation on Gretsch's demographic.

Ten years after, Gretsch ownership is trending younger - but this applies more than ever to ever so many of us here.

Thanks for playing along, Herr Prot! The flying wedge -o-jets is a wonder to behold!

They're heading south for the winter.

Really I have enough pics of the fleet to be worth a thread. Everything is represented from true vintage era to modern Electromatic, and some of the finishes richly deserve close-ups.

A disembodied, floating 5120, with a white aura? This means something . . .

B&W 6120 with quilted top. Nice!

A disembodied, floating 5120, with a white aura? This means something . . .

– AndyJ

It came to me in a dream. ...and, lo, the 5120 said unto me “get me some Dynasonics.”

Suitably framed Gretchbuckers; originally resided in my 5120 and spent time as fridge magnets until they ended up in the the Cigar Jet:

Hard to beat the lovely patina of a vintage natural finish with firey tort binding.

I vall this piece....orange

Tres Artsy-fartsy, fellas! Keep 'em coming!

Gretsch put a spell on me...

5422 and Electromatic shirt.

Chonny is for all seasons.

Recently re-possessed 2910 from Crowbone. She's been fondled by quite a few in her lifetime.

Register Sign in to join the conversation