Miscellaneous Rumbles

Prometheus Movie ?

Huh? I wasn't looking for hidden meaning, or overthinking the film. I was trying to think simplistically about the story-line, and I simply did not understand what I was supposed to take from it, other than this prehistoric creature, or is "it" a post-galactic creature was somehow created out of a confusing story-line about futuristic/cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers!

Wait, that's another movie!

I'll just have to watch "Prometheus" again...soon! The whole "Scotland" beginning seemed odd to me as well.

Addendum: Is "David" now a combo of R2/C3PO type character, and will now be in all future "Alien" movies?

...------

While Charlize Theron is quite attractive, Noomi Rapace doesn't hurt the eyes, either.

I enjoyed Prometheus from beginning to end. I watched it once, than again simply because I found the visuals were outstanding.

Am I the only one that was yelling at their screen for Charlize to "RUN TO THE RIGHT BABY! RUN TO THE RIGHT!"

Rey/JeffO, to be fair to Indianation and all who look for some hidden depth in Prometheus, Ridley Scott did actually emphasise that the film would provide the answers to the many questions hinted at in the original film. Which was one of its great strengths- a straightforward, linear and direct story told with the highest production values, naturalistic acting, painstaking attention to pacing and atmosphere with the culture and back stories of humans and extraterrestrial beings alike merely alluded to.

Giger's incredible derelict spacecraft turned out not to be quite as impressive when actually flying or indeed rolling over a glamorous film star; the ossified pilot who seemed to be an organic component of the ship turned out to be a big blue guy in a suit. When the answers are so devoid of the magic of the questions, they're better left as mysteries.

If you're after an inscrutible riddle that genuinely does have some answers to the bigger questions, Patrick McGoohan's 'The Prisoner' is still rewarding viewing.

Well played TimThom. Well played indeed.

Some responses are more confusing than the movie, but I appreciate them all.

I just saw the links Mr. ade, I'll check them out, and Mr. P-View, thanks for the quick synopsis.

I'm looking forward to "not" understanding "Alien: Covenant."

Addendum: I hope there are hot chicks running around in underwear and bras carrying guns, and their husbands, I don't care if they all get eaten. I think the plot of "Covenant" centers around a "couple's retreat."

...------

Well played TimThom. Well played indeed. - ade

Live long and prosper, Ade!

I wouldn't recommend giving this film too much thought. It vainly tries to take on some big themes, but even Von Daniken himself would be amused at the hollow and unintentionally hilarious reading of his old hokum.

Damon Lindelof is welcome to the screenwriting credit for contriving yet another narrative that eats its own tail. In fact, that's what it's about- Lindelof's recurring dream about a giant Benzine ring. That rolls over Charlize Theron.

– ade

I volunteer for the role of the Benzine ring that rolls over Charlize Theron. I'm already round so costuming will be fairly inexpensive.

Seriously, I've seen "Prometheus" a number of times and the only question it really answered for me was that the big dudes and humans share the same DNA.

I expected so much more, but I'm disappointed every time I watch it looking for clues as to what it's really about and never finding any.

Well played Ric! I still vote for the galactic explorer who had dignity, gravitas, an equally figure-hugging body suit and a decent script..

– ade

Me too!

What I got from it is that looking like this:

must be a recessive gene, cause if this was our life starting DNA it didn't go far

Movie spoiler

The big pale baldies created the 'alien' as a biological weapon to wipe out humanity but it went wrong.

!!!!!

Yea, that sums it up!

Addendum: Is there a doll like that voyager chick for sale?

...------

Ade

I was (mostly) inferring that movies can be enjoyed strictly for content...you can assign meanings - allegorical, literal, or otherwise to ANYTHING - but sometimes that might run interference

Proteus is in a movie?!?

Proteus is in a movie?!?

– WB

1. When the answers are so devoid of the magic of the questions, they're better left as mysteries. 2.If you're after an inscrutible riddle that genuinely does have some answers to the bigger questions, Patrick McGoohan's 'The Prisoner' is still rewarding viewing.

So true. That space jockey pilot from the first ALIEN film was so intriguing. Never experienced anything like that in a film before or since. Then PROMETHEUS came along and gave us answers that were so weak compared to the mysteries we had in our minds.

As for "The Prisoner"...you've got to be kidding if you say the answers were satisfying. The knee bone connected to the leg bone is no way to end a series. Heck, the much maligned "Sopranos" diner ending was genius compared to the neck bone connected to the collar bone "Prisoner" finale.

Did I say that the answers are in 'Fall Out'? Of course I didn't.

Be seeing you!

Umm, still don't know what "Prometheus" was about, but "Prisoners" was obvious.

I liked it...

You are talking about the Jake G. movie correct?

Time to go fishing and bike ride in the woods afterwards. It's Saturday.

...------

"Prisoners" was obvious. I liked it... You are talking about the Jake G. movie correct?

No..."The Prisoner." Famed British TV series from the '60s. One of the top ten greatest television series in history. "I am not a number. I am a free man!"

What I got from it is that looking like this:

must be a recessive gene, cause if this was our life starting DNA it didn't go far

– Billy D Light

must have been all the "inbreeding".

Register Sign in to join the conversation